OtakuBoards

Yankees and Red Sox

anime_guy

[size=1] Dude, the way the Red Sox srewed up ...they screwed up [i]big time[/i]. Don't take your anger out on me. :toothy: [you spelt Marlins correctly]

I don't hate the Red Sox either, I just happen to like Yankees better. *sticks tongue out*[/size]

I just don't like the Yankees because they've won too many damned championships...someone else needs a turn :p Seriously, they need to go on a Celtics-esque playoff losing streak. Yep...have them lose every year until the day I die...

Anyway, my team, the Dodgers, pretty much screwed everything up, despite a high payroll and nearly unlimited spending potential...cripes, our management blows.

I too like the Dodgers but they can never get it together. [b]Edited[/b] And i really do think that they bought the world series since they dont have a salary cap.I read that they are going to buy some part of Iraq?

[COLOR=orangered][size=1]That was uncalled for. And clean up your post quality; proper punctuation and use of spaces goes a long way. -Sara[/size][/COLOR]

[size=1] God, there were some people who killed some soccer players because they lost a game. You guys remind me of them. Don't take an action such as raping as just a joke.

I have no idea why people can take a [b]game[/b] so seriously. There's always the next World Series. It's not like the world is going to blow up and we're all going to die because the Yankees are going to World series again. If you haven't realized it, if any other baseball team had as much money, they'd be buying there way into games and talented players. It's not like everyone else is goody-goody and innocent.[/size]

[size=1] [color=darkblue] Yeah, It did not surprise me at all when the Yankees won. I've been following both the Cubs and Red Sox series this year and I distinctly remember thinking.
"This is way too good to be true, I bet both of them lose." So I'm a pessimist, what?

I really don't follow baseball all that much, but I listen at night when I am doing my homework. It's surprising how relaxing it is to listen to baseball. (And no, it is not because it is boring.)

I live just north of Milwaukee, so GO Brewers!
Yes I know they suck, but that is some of the charm![/color] [/size]

To be honest though, no one should really hate the Yankees, they never did anything wrong but win, that is what they get paid for. New York is getting their moneys worht for whatever talent they may obtain. Plus you never hear on the news about Yankee caught with drugs, or doing some illegal activity and ending up in legal trouble. (Except for Daryl Strawberry, but he was a lost cause, I don't think anyone can really help that guy) They pretty much should be held as role models, they never talk trash, in fact they don't talk much at all, so how could you hate them?
The New York Yankees are all about respect and it's not easy being a Yankee. Imagine the reputation you are playing under, the most famous sports team EVER. They are known for winninig and if your not a good player as a Yankee then your screwed because then no one likes you.
I think people dislike the Yankees mainly because of the fans. I'm a diehard fan of the Yankees and I'm like most other Yankees fans. I can be loud and obnoxious when the Yankees are playing because I get into the game. We get emotional, we almost feel like were part of the team and I think it's the strong bond to the team that most people don't like. Yet you can't really hate us either, what's wrong with getting into a sport, as long it doesn't turn into violence, then hey let's just have some fun right?