OtakuBoards

Moving units and The Mars Volta

Haze

yeah yeah yeah!! two of teh best bands eva!! who you ask? tha mars volta and moving units. they are kind of punk rock/electonica/indie. i like to calltehm 80's-electronic-clash-rebellion. yes sir. if you would like to hear them. . . .check out mars volta's video on mtv.com. just search for teh mars volta and it should come up. its great!! but yeah. . . tell me what you think. has anyone every heard of 'em prior to this? i sure hope so.
~haze

Mars Volta is nothing special to me. At the Drive-In was so much better and it just feels like they're living off the remnants of that band (member-wise, they are).

They only have one album, so I can't exactly consider them the best anything at this point.

really? i don't particuraly care for At The Drive-In. i'm not sure why, i just dont.
have you ever heard of Moving Units? they are not really all that similar to The Mars Volta. i think they are much better. try them out and tell me what you think.

I can't believe what I'm hearing! Though I thorougly respect your opinions, I must disagree!
Everyone says Sparta left At The Drive-In with the tunes and The Mars Volta with the voice, but they've got it all wrong. The Mars Volta suffered many losses of close friends, and as true rock stars arose form the ashes and created an album to represent their good friend's life in a coma; hence De-Loused in the Comatorium. The songs are stories of the different dreams their friend went through when he was in a coma for a week.
In fact, I say that The Mars Volta are better than At the Drive-In, they've reached a higher level then them.
And Sparta? Ruled out. I don't even like them, they're rather boring.
I haven't heard of Moving Units... What are they like?