Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
yeah yeah yeah!! two of teh best bands eva!! who you ask? tha mars volta and moving units. they are kind of punk rock/electonica/indie. i like to calltehm 80's-electronic-clash-rebellion. yes sir. if you would like to hear them. . . .check out mars volta's video on mtv.com. just search for teh mars volta and it should come up. its great!! but yeah. . . tell me what you think. has anyone every heard of 'em prior to this? i sure hope so.
~haze
Posted
Mars Volta is nothing special to me. At the Drive-In was so much better and it just feels like they're living off the remnants of that band (member-wise, they are).

They only have one album, so I can't exactly consider them the best anything at this point.
Posted
really? i don't particuraly care for At The Drive-In. i'm not sure why, i just dont.
have you ever heard of Moving Units? they are not really all that similar to The Mars Volta. i think they are much better. try them out and tell me what you think.
Posted
I like both the bands that came from At the Drive-In. Sparta because they're quite similar, The Mars Volta because they're totally different but very good.
Moving units i dont know.
Posted
I can't believe what I'm hearing! Though I thorougly respect your opinions, I must disagree!
Everyone says Sparta left At The Drive-In with the tunes and The Mars Volta with the voice, but they've got it all wrong. The Mars Volta suffered many losses of close friends, and as true rock stars arose form the ashes and created an album to represent their good friend's life in a coma; hence De-Loused in the Comatorium. The songs are stories of the different dreams their friend went through when he was in a coma for a week.
In fact, I say that The Mars Volta are better than At the Drive-In, they've reached a higher level then them.
And Sparta? Ruled out. I don't even like them, they're rather boring.
I haven't heard of Moving Units... What are they like?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...