OtakuBoards

Names

kyonen

I have a question on a few names of the PCs and a statement.

Tsukasa. Not really any questions, but the name can be either male or female. So him being a girl IRL while a boy ITW, is like a play on names. I also heard here that it means "to govern". Is that right?

Mimiru. Is this a verb of some sort, or is it just a word made up by project .hack?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kyonen [/i]
[B]I have a question on a few names of the PCs and a statement.

Tsukasa. Not really any questions, but the name can be either male or female. So him being a girl IRL while a boy ITW, is like a play on names. I also heard here that it means "to govern". Is that right?
[/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=royalblue]Yes, this has been meantioned on .hack//SIGN. Tsukasa can be either a first, middle, last, male, or female name. Tsukasa was probably trying to escape from the real world, and life.

As for Tsukasa meaning "to govern", I'm not sure.[/color][/size]

Well, if Tsukasa does mean "to govern" that would make sense to me. Tsukasa, being trapped in The World and unable to log out, plays by his own rules. So, in a sense, he's governing his part of The World...and the Guardian, while it's around, sort of enforces that. He is (temporarily, at least) given that power...I don't know. Do I make sense at all?

Yes, Im pretty sure it's "to Govern" I'll have to do a bit of searching to make sure though. I'll look up on Mimiru as well.

I understand what your saying Arasoi and I agree that it would make sense if that is what it ment. I think Tsukasa even states a few times in the series that "The World" is his World... or... something like that.....

[quote][I]Originally posted by K.K.C.[/I]
I think Tsukasa even states a few times in the series that "The World" is his World... or... something like that.....[/quote]

[color=royal blue]Yes, I do remember him saying that a few times. He thinks that he controls "The World" since he has the Guardian, and becomes overly arrogant. I do believe Bear points this out once or twice. He says "Do you think you're something great?" or something like that.

Of course, Tsukasa no longer feels so powerful after [spoiler]the Guardian is turned against him...[/spoiler][/color]

• 2 weeks later...