OtakuBoards

Random conversations...

maikiratori

This is just going to be random conversations with myself about things that are usually related to literature, fanfics or poetry that I usually have with myself...I just thought other people might like to hear my ramblings... I often find them interesting...

Well my first entry is going to be about my own fanfiction... It seems that only one person felt like replying to my story and everyone else who read it never said anything... It made me sad... Then I became irate when the chapters I'd written did not seem to go there I wanted them...I seem to have skipped an entire chapter... Which is really odd because I know I posted it... It made me very glad I had typed it on word then copied and pasted it on here... Either way I am missing chapters and I can't go back and fix it or seem to find out what happened... Another thing that has been making me irritated is the fact that I will post something in one of the forums and it will not show up when I go to check on something I'd written... So then I go and say something... The next time I go into that thread in a particular forum and both of my posts are there and I end up looking like a fool...That irks me.... I get irked easily... and I seem to be going off topic...So heading back to my original theme... Lit. Poetry, and FF's...Lets go to the literature part of that for a moment, shall we...(Yes I know there are no paragraphs in my rant, discussion, whatever you'd like to call it) I've read some very interesting books, but only a few I'd actually consider literature... There is a difference in my eyes as to what is and what is not literature... Literature is something that enlightens, is thought provoking, or is semi-satirical. Then there's always the good old non-fiction, that at times can be almost considered literature....I have actually read one or two non-fiction books that were thought provoking, but anything that is really good literature is usually in the form of fiction....I think I will end this segment here... Seeing as it's getting late and I have other things to do before going to bed.
Good night all...I shal continue later...;) Sara

Well I think it's time for my second install ment.... I don't really have too much to talk about...Well I'm a T.A. for my old English teacher, and I grade papers. I don't mind doing this, it's an easy A for the entire semseter, however, my teacher has a lot of freshmen students. (EWWW Froshes...Ucky!!) Anyway, I have to read the essays they have to write, and all....Well the Freshman students are horrible at writing...A few have potential, but many can't spell or don't know how to use spellcheck, they have the worst grammer that I've ever seen, and others don't know how to write one page's worth of anything. I am so glad that I don't write like that. When I was a freshman I didn't have half as many problems. Then again, many of the students don't read very much..I don't know why...Reading is a major part of anyone's life, so why not read for fun? I read all the time...In 7th grade I was reading 10th grade level books. So of coarse the reading overflowed into my writing and all, but I don't understand why people other than myself, (or people like me) don't read more often, even just for fun.

[size=1] Double posting is not allowed, and I don't find that this suits this form too well. If you want to do a blog-like thing, then register at [url=www.myotaku.com]My Otaku[/url], or any of the other various blog tools--such as [url=www.blogger.com]Blogspot[/url] and such.

Thread closed.[/size]