OtakuBoards

50 Cent and Rock?

BlazinReddrgn

"50 Cent that's his name, man he ain't (bleepin) playin":D
- Blood Hound
I'm a big fan of 50 Cent(duh...) and also a big fan of Linkin Park... which is kind of wierd because no one that I know of likes rock & rap together... they don't even think those words can even be put in a sentence :confused: . Does anyone here feel the same way I do about these two types of music? *I feel so alone :drunk:. *sigh

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BlazinReddrgn [/i]
which is kind of wierd because no one that I know of likes rock & rap together... [/QUOTE]

do you just not have any friends, or what?

its not uncommon for people to like music genres that are generally segregated. its also REALLY uncommon to not like 50 cent at least a little. he has the most approachable sound in hip-hop/rap right now and its very easy for someone to get into it.

linkin park, on the other hand, as dan mentioned, is not even a "rock" band and i completely agree with his entire post.

i really find it funny how kyo pats himself on the back for having such a diverse taste and how, if you look at who he listed, all his bands/groups/rappers have been all over the billboards charts lately (except slipknot, for obvious reasons).

the point im making is, unless you live alone in the middle of a million acre friggin forest, you shouldnt think it strange to like different kinds of music. get over it.

edit-spelling

I absolutely love OutKast, but I'm also a huge fan of Incubus. I mostly listen to rock, but there are a few Rap songs I'll listen to. Like I'll listen to one of Mystikal's songs and then listen to Lenny Kravitz or Puddle of Mudd. It makes no difference to me. If the music sounds good and is not trashy, I'll listen to it.

Linkin Park has the second most rap influenced rock songs I've ever heard. The Aerosmith/Run DMC team-up being the first.

I think we can all agree on two things here. That there are obviously a lot of people our there who like both rap and rock, and that 50 Cent is not the personification of rap music.