OtakuBoards

So I might be turning to the Dark Side

Brasil

I'm contemplating getting 'Boxed, but I'm a bit unsure as to what games to get. You might call me an Xbox Virgin.

I figure Knights Of The Old Republic is a necessity, as I am a Star Wars geek.

Deathrow is another game that I'll probably pick up (insanely fun deathmatch).

Any other games I should look for? Do provide reasons to support your gaming suggestions, too.

Thanks,

PoisonTongue

Halo is of course a neccesary XBob commodity. You can't have XBox without Halo. Just a fact of life. Next, if your in to bargain bin hopping, check out Phantom Crash. Awesome game, usualy below 15$. Same with Jet Set Radio Future. Ghost Recons pretty good too, if your into realism. MechAssault is a must if you love fast (really fast) paced shooters.

And yes, KOTOR is neccesary for all SW freaks (me).

Check them out on any of the hundreds of gaming sites out there.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by destro53 [/i]
[B]Halo is of course a neccesary XBob commodity. You can't have XBox without Halo. Just a fact of life. [/B][/QUOTE]

Halo was a must-have a little under two years ago. It's quite outdated now. Especially with Halo 2's eventual release beginning to peak over the horizon. If it's still coming out in March, that is.

Off the top of my head, I recommend the Grand Theft Auto bundle pack and Otogi:Myth of Demons. But, it might prove useful if you would provide us with a specific genre of games you?re interested in. That way I?ll able to narrow down my suggestions and save myself the time of describing titles you might not even have the faintest interest in.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B]But, it might prove useful if you would provide us with a specific genre of games you?re interested in. That way I?ll able to narrow down my suggestions and save myself the time of describing titles you might not even have the faintest interest in. [/B][/QUOTE]

lol. Good call, Charles.

Let's see...

Considering that the Xbox will be primarily singleplayer use, a stellar singleplayer game is required. I figure KOTOR fills that. I'm going to be spending a lot of time...playing with myself (LOL), as the deathmatches with my gaming compatriots are few and far between.

As for the multi aspect...my friends and I love arcade style gameplay, with a healthy dose of comedic, cartoon violence liberally added on. I find that we have the most fun with almost...button mashers...games that are furiously intensive and leave us little time to breathe. Our motto is..."Fast games, fast women, fast fingers."

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PoisonTongue [/i]
[B]lol. Good call, Charles.

Let's see...

Considering that the Xbox will be primarily singleplayer use, a stellar singleplayer game is required. I figure KOTOR fills that. I'm going to be spending a lot of time...playing with myself (LOL), as the deathmatches with my gaming compatriots are few and far between.

As for the multi aspect...my friends and I love arcade style gameplay, with a healthy dose of comedic, cartoon violence liberally added on. I find that we have the most fun with almost...button mashers...games that are furiously intensive and leave us little time to breathe. Our motto is..."Fast games, fast women, fast fingers." [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=silver]I don't know about the single player aspect, I really enjoy KotOR so I recommend that, also if you want an interesting, more realistic RPG, Shenmue 2's for you.

As you are interested in a simple Mulitplayer, try [i]Kung Fu Chaos[/i] that leaves room for button mashing, it's simple and humorously enjoyable with cartoon graphics, according to a friend that is. See I did some very own research for you, ^_^. Hope I helped.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidargh [/i]
[B][color=silver]I don't know about the single player aspect, I really enjoy KotOR so I recommend that, also if you want an interesting, more realistic RPG, Shenmue 2's for you.

As you are interested in a simple Mulitplayer, try [i]Kung Fu Chaos[/i] that leaves room for button mashing, it's simple and humorously enjoyable with cartoon graphics, according to a friend that is. See I did some very own research for you, ^_^. Hope I helped.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Zidargh, you read my mind.

I now have an Xbox, purchased it last Friday. I got KOTOR and Deathrow (in which I immediately cheated to unlock everything). I rented Kung Fu Chaos and ToeJam and Earl yesterday, both of which are insanely fun.

The lunacy of KFC is remarkable. Nutty directors, collapsing levels, even the mini-games are hilarious ([spoiler]saving falling stuntmen as they're thrown out from a second-story barfight!!![/spoiler]). TJ&E has that demented sense of humor that I love (little girls having to punish their teddies...).

I figure Kung Fu Chaos and ToeJam and Earl are going to be my next purchases.

But what disappoints me about Xbox, lack of FPS. The only one I'd play is Timesplitters 2, but I have it for cube. Any FPS suggestions? It doesn't have to be revolutionary or ground-breaking, but it has to be fun, possibly in keeping with the lunatic multiplayer excitement of KFC or Deathrow.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PoisonTongue [/i]
[B]But what disappoints me about Xbox, lack of FPS. The only one I'd play is Timesplitters 2, but I have it for cube. Any FPS suggestions? It doesn't have to be revolutionary or ground-breaking, but it has to be fun, possibly in keeping with the lunatic multiplayer excitement of KFC or Deathrow. [/B][/QUOTE]

Return to Castle Wolfenstein immediately comes to mind. I would suggest a rental though. The single player mode is solid--but fairly basic. If you've never played Medal of Honor: Frontline for the GameCube, then it might behoove you to try that first. It's quite an exciting game despite lacking the supernatural zombie gimmick found in Wolfenstein.