Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Otaku Times! The otakuboards newspaper issue 1! Exclusive interview! All OBers read!


Recommended Posts

Posted
Welcome to the first issue of otaku Times, the otakuboards weekly newspaper! This is our first issue, with our cover story, an interview with Queen Asuka!

[size=4] The anime lounge Queen[/size]
King of Otaku80= me= KoO
Pink Anel Asuka= Queen Asuka=PAA

KoO: OK! First of, how long have you been a moderator?
PAA: A little over a year
KoO: whats your favorite anime?
PAA: Either Evangelion or Fushigi Yuugi. Okay both ^_^
KoO: Do you enjoy moderating? Is it difficult?
PAA: Its not to difficult, its quite fun. It helps me get to know people, and I like to set a good examples for other people.
KoO: Do you find it fun to delete posts? I would^_^
PAA: Fun? *laughs* well, sometimes I guess, if Im in a grouchy mood. I guess its more aggrivating than everything, because you have to explain why you did it.
KoO: Yikes, sounds scary. Do you watch anything other than anime? if so, which one do you like more?
PAA: Truthfully, I havent watched any anime in a while. I dont prefer network anime, and I dont have time to watch my DVDs. I guess I have no preference.
KoO: Hey no one likes to see stuff cut. Anywho, do yu ever have times when you wish you were as powerfull as James?
PAA: Well I dont see James as an all-powerful person. More as a father figure and a good example for all of those on otakuboards. I respect him, he respects me. I dont really see that being a mod, super mod, or admin as really making a differense.

Well theres page 1. Page 2 after someone posts! ^_^
Posted
Of course it aint interviews! Its a newspaper! That was just an article. Heres another.

[size=4]The RPG of the century![/size]

Im sure man of you have heard of the first and only movie by James Otaku. Its called Kill Adam. This is going to be the RPG of the century! Despite its ages 18+ label, many people have joined. I assure ou that this RPG will rock, but what about us younger folk?

Thats why I, one of the publishers of Otaku Times, am going to start another epic for us younger people. No it wont be for competition, it will just lack the... well y know. So anyone interested, the sign up will be up by the 6th of November.
Posted
Yeah! Really good, but you may think about breaking it into sections like: Anime, RPG, Petry, Stories, Member Area. and have other Members help you. We could make it like an OFFICIAL newspaper or something.
Posted
[size=1]This is an interesting concept. You should give it a name like the Daily Otaku, or something...

But seriously, this seems like a fun concept. I'd just suggest that you try to put more effort into your posts. You leave the reader wanting more, so making the posts longer would make me happy, hm.

-Shy[/size]
Posted
Sounds like a good idea Shy. Daily Otaku........

[size=4] It has begun![/size]

On a minor note, the mini version of Kill Adam has begun! It is called Welcome to the gang!

[size=4] Banner Boy back on the sceen.[/size]

For those of you who didnt know, one of OBs greatest banner makers, Evolved_Dragon, had lost his banner making abilities a month ago. But now he has regained it and will be making beutiful banners once again! Be sure to PM him random requests and keep him on his toes, he loves banner making. Be sure to visit his thread! I know I will.

I know tis was short but the next issue will have [size=4]HUGE[/size] coverage! See ya!
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Hmm, it's a very cool idea. ^_^ So far you are doing all right. But you might want more information at a time, so it won't be so short. But so far you have managed to tell some good things that people want to know, so they don't have to find it out themselves later on. I'm sure as you go on you will get some great info and stories. All in all, it's a very interesting idea that will draw plenty of people into reading it. ^_^ I could have never thought of it. Keep it coming and keep up the good work! I'll check it out later and keep posting my coments, I know you can make a great thing out of this. ^_^[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
Thank you to all of you. Heres vol. 4!

[size=4] The otakus must speak![/size]

Hello all otakus. I would like to generate discussion on [size=3]Otaku Holidays![/size] for example, every year there could be a celebration thread fo otakuboards anniversarys. Therre could also be a mod appreciation week! If anyone has any ideas please post! Maybe we could take this to the feedback section. The other news comes soon.

[size=4]Cant have homework AND otakuboards?[/size]

I understand that plenty of you have SO MUCH FREAKIN HOMEWORK you have no time to takuboard. WHen you get back then all these new posts pop up like freakin crazy. YOU ARE LOST! So I would like to request something of the people who are on here more often. Especially RPGers. Please dont post to often. Even I should lay off. Unfortunate people like that dont even get to join RPGs! So just..like...take a chillpill.
Posted
Hey, this is cool. Now I have something to check up on, but I really like the idea of the RPG thing. Kyo no Ryu, I'd like to know what the name of your RPG will be. I want to join one sooo badly, but I haven't really found the right one and one that isn't too deep in the story (6 pages...whew.)
Posted
Hey Im just trying to help. know myfreedom of press, why dont YOU get over yourself Mr. high and mighty. Anyway, I didnt ask for complaints just read it and if ya gotta problem PM me.
Posted
[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kyo no Ryu [/i]
[B]I understand that plenty of you have SO MUCH FREAKIN HOMEWORK you have no time to takuboard. WHen you get back then all these new posts pop up like freakin crazy. YOU ARE LOST! So I would like to request something of the people who are on here more often. Especially RPGers. Please dont post to often. Even I should lay off. Unfortunate people like that dont even get to join RPGs! So just..like...take a chillpill. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thing is, if people [i]don't[/i] post in the RPG, it [i]dies[/i]. When RPG's die, it isn't good. I mean, you can't request for people not to post. That's like saying "There are to many people on Otakuboards, so please leave!" If people have homework, then fine. But we aren't going to stop posting because they have homework. We all have work to do. If they're too lazy to read the latest posts, it's their problem.[/size]
Posted
Thats cool, Kyo, I like the idea. You cover things like a real newpaper and everything. I hope you start putting this out more often in the future. Cool concept, again.
Posted
[color=darkblue]
[size=1]
Hmm, creative idea Kyo^_^.

One thing though-

It'd be [b]really[/b] cool, if you could download photoshop, or paint shop pro, and make it look like a [i]real[/i] newspaper!
(Although I understand that'll take [b]a lot[/b] of time...so you dont have to...)

[/size]
[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shy [/i]
[B][size=1]This is an interesting concept. You should give it a name like the Daily Otaku, or something...[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=336600]I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry....

Best of luck with your endeavor, Kyo...[/COLOR]
Posted
Hmmm...... Im not gunna post one today.... I hired another reporter but they hevent posted yet. Thanks for all comments and criteque there will be a new one tommorrow.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...