Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I have drawings but how to color them.with what kind of supplies to use. the fan art looks so great and i want mine the same too.i color them with regular markers and crayons. please help.:( :eek:
Posted
heh. word of warning: you probably shouldnt use markers. why you ask? they run, they bleed through and ruin your art, and most importantly, THEY SMEAR! i hate it when i have this gorgeous pic and then it is ruined in one spot because my hand smeared the marker.
i prefer three different mediums. the first is colored pencils. yes colored pencils! they come in a variety, and i do mean variety, of colors plus you can vary the darkness with them. you just have to make sure that you go in one direction or else you have one bad colored picture with all the different directions showing.
the second is pastels. i dont use them that often, but they do create a very nice look. they do not offer the different range of dark and light like colored pencils do, but they come in tons of colors.
the third, and possibly my favorite, is charcoal. *nods* charcoal. it doesnt color in things in color, but i rather like that "shaded in" look they can provide. it helps with shadows, and even looks good to use as an accent when you use pencil.
for you, if you are not an art student, the best choice is colored pencils. i hope that helps! oh, and be sure to post your drawings so i can see them! ^__^
~haze
Posted
Personally, I cel shade most of the time or I use pencil, be it charcoal or lead. I had a tutorial on cel shading somewhere, but I seem to have lost it. Oh well. I'd suggest getting a pen or VERY fine black marker, CAREFULLY inked your sketch, then deciding what you want to do. If nothing else, you'll have some good line art to work with later. Take a look at [url=http://neondragonart.com/dp]Dragon Paint[/url] for a few very good tutorials. That's were I learned just about everything that wasn't trial-and-error from.
Posted
I normally scan it and use photoshop. But if you can't do that or would rather not, I'd suggest colored pencils. My favorite has always been watercolor pencils, because they can be used as either normal colored pencils or as watercolors. Plus, they're really fun!
Posted
Oh I havent submitted any of my art, but personally, I use colored pencils and regular pencil. I don't like outlining with pen, it ruins my picture entirely. I am kind of a clutz at doing that.
Don't use markers. They destroy the picture. I don't like the crayons either, they also mess the picture up.

But I would suggest first using colored pencils, it's a start then going into more artistic tools.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...