OtakuBoards

Weezer

Chichiri's Girl

Yeah anybody else like them? Or even heard of them? Me and my bros like them. Or we use to..I'm not sure if Doug likes them anymore....but yeah. My brother got the new one and we listened to it on the way to NC. I liked the second to the last song. I have no clue what it's called(my brother would rather die then let me touch his CD) but I think the chorus goes [i] my girlfriend wears a pink triangle on her sleeve....[/i] or something like that. Then my dad was all like you know that's what lesbians were made to wear in WW2 constration camps him being the worl war 2 nut that he is. it's funny but me brother told me most of their good songs were written when the lead singer was high. Yeah...well anyways does anybody elese like them?

I listened to Weezer for a while, until I decided i needed a heavier rock. They're one of the best Alternative bands I've ever heard. The Sweater Song shows that.

These are the CD's of their I recall having: The Blue Album, The Green Album, Pinkerton, and Maladriot.

And I think the song you're talking about is off the Pinkerton CD.

Ah yeah the sweater song! I always sing that at school and people start staring. They have no idea why I'm singing about a sweater....:sweat: But it's actually a great metaphor. sweater=life yeah but that's a little obivous.....he he heh now to start the singing! [i] if you want to dstroy my sweater pull a string and then walk away....[/i] or something like that right? Yeah....*walks off humming "island in the sun" to herself*

Yeah. It is off Pinkerton. It's called Pink Triangle, pretty surprising lol. That's not their latest at all, though.

I'm not a big fan. Strangely, my last three girlfriends were all big Weezer fans. I even got one an autographed guitar for Christmas. Getting that was hell.

Pinkerton is their best release in my opinion... although it's not something I listen to often. I think it's more of a listen-all-the-way-through kind of album, while the others you can kind of just play any random song off of them and that's enough.

They do what they do well and I admit they have some really good songs, but they're not for me overall.

I agree with Semjaza, I think Pinkerton was their best album. I always thought it was because I had listened to their other CD's so much they were starting to get old.

As well as the random song comment. I think I only listened to the single from the Maladriot CD. I forgot the name of it, but in the vidoe they were with the Muppets.

The Blue Album had some good tunes: We've already established the Sweater Song, but I also enjoyed My Name is Jonas and Say it Aint So.

Pinkerton had Why Bother, Across the Sea, and Butterfly(I think that's the name of the song.)

The Green Album, I dont want to think about, and neither Maladriot, even though I did mention Maladriot earlier.

I suggest this, if you have too much hard rock and want to round out your collection, you should take a good look at Pinkerton. Good CD, that Pinkerton.

Hmmm.... I liked then when they first came out. I used to sing the words to Hash-Pipe all the time. Then there was that weird wedding song. But I never heard anything else of them. I liked them and Alien Ant Farm for a little while but I was mainly hooiked on LP. oh well....

"come on and kick me, come on and kick meeee.. woahwoah, you got your problems...woah woah.... I got my *** wipe... woah woah... you got your big Geeeeeees I got my hash pipe" or somefin like that.

They have been around for a while, have they. Just look at the difference between the Blue Album and Green Album covers. It's like a little, two-page flipbook.

And I'm listening to Island in the Sun right now. What CD is it on? It's on a mini disk, so that's why I can't check. Well, and I don't have the CD anymore. I really like the bass part on that song.

OH! I just remembered, on the Blue Album: Only in Dreams. Best song they ever did. I forgot about that song. The very end with the two guitars going all out, so cool. Great bass line on that one, too.

"There's no way I will crush your pretty toe-nails into a thousand pieces. Only in dreams, you see what it means, reach out our hands, hold onto hers. But when we wait, it's all been erased. And so it seems, only in dreams."

I forgot how much I liked that song. Wow, I have to start listening to these guys again.