OtakuBoards

cutting

vegeta rocker

[color=deeppink]
It's not easy. There is no 'right way.' Just grit your teeth and do it.

Or don't. Write it in your journal or something. Tell it to the paper. Although telling it to someone is generally better, it's not the only solution. But get those feelings off your chest. Don't express them by doing something that in the end, only causes you more pain and is going to give you a lot of scars, both physically and emotionally.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your angry or whatever and you want to cut somthing buy a tube of Galaxy slime. and cut it to shreds dont worry put it back in the tube for half an hour and itll be good as new, or write yor feelings down, cut a piece of paper kil inanamate (ps?) objects. i donno, whatever floats your boat.

hn, many replies, perhaps it is a big deal after all...............
Well, i am grateful for the suggestions about martial arts and writing. I still haven't cut since i made the promise and i actually don't feel the urge that much. I think i have pinpointed what set it off so there is something else to focus my mind on.

As for all the controversy over wether it is a disorder or not, i am becoming more and more convinced that it is. I don't think mine stretches that far though. Since stopping feels a bit easier i think i am over the hump.

To whoever asked if i did it for the pain of it, truth is i think i do.
I feel like i have to punish myself for being stupid and thinking the way i do. I really think i have done something wrong when usually i haven't.

The scars on my left arm are fading, though i think these particular ones will be permanant. That might be a good thing, it will remind me of my decision.

my girlfriend does it too, i tried taking sharp stuff away from her, but talking helped much better.
she does it again now, and i will not give up on her.
it`s like all what is here, your clothes, computer etc started as a thought.
then we realized it with our tools.
our hands are tools, and we can use these tools in 2 ways: to build and to demolish.
i could hit someone with my hands, but i can also shake his hand.
with my legs i could kick someone, or i could or kick a ball up in the air to entertain.
the mouth is a tool, i could use it to bad mouth someone or to spread gossip, or to tell someone how great he is doing, or to conversate friendly.
you use your tools to hurt yourself, is it not better to use your tools to take a pen instead?
you can be helped by others to build a bridge but they can only build one side, you must build the other.
you can stop, if you feel like cutting take a pen instead, and start writing, or if it comes bad draw a picture on your arm instead of holding the knife.
try building you will feel better.
and on top of that, if the wounds are healed you can wear t-shirts again.
isn`t that a better way to live for yourself.
it`s not as easy as i am typing, but it`s not impossible.
i hope this was usefull.
good luck

Okay, I had to just report that I found something that says in the United States, suicide is not illegal.
[url]http://www.texansforgunsafety.org/suicide/myth.htm:[/url]
"Myth: Suicide is against the law
Fact: Suicide is not against the law. However, if you're caught assisting, you could be charged with a criminal offense in all 50 states. "

That's all I really wantd to say right now on the subject. I'm not sure about other countries, but this is how it is in the U.S.

i was an inmate for a wile and we had suicidal prisoners, some tried to hang themselfes with their shoelaces.
no matter what type of suicide, it is illegal in only a few ways.
wristcutting with faillure hanging with failure, if you succed nothing happens, and if you fail, your busted.
if you are assisting like giving the rope or anything, you ge nailed for attempt in manslaughter.
but then again i know what sorts of things can push you to the suicidal point, i tried to poison myself with chemicals, nothing happened, not even sick, only a fu(ked up taste in my mouth wich i have been spending hours to wash away with pure lemonade.
but then you realize it`s not your time.
and i turned away from suicide and wanted to survive again.
but with self mutilation, often asking attention you can get that attention.
either you talk or the other will lead you into the conversation.
can be scary at first, but when you do it, after the first or during the conversation you will start to feel more open or better.
like you are not satisfied with something in your life.
it downs you so much that you (or almost) drown in it.
then to let it out you cut or scratch or bite youself.
but then someone will notice it, or you will tell eventually.
but talking is the most effective way of solving things.

How can someone pull a sharp object towards themselves, and draw blood by piercing it into their own skin. The thought of that, just makes me cringe.

It's right, pain does release anger. Though pain isn't the only way. Causing pain to yourself isn't right. Cutting youself isn't right. Just because you get angry or emotional over something, you're taking it out on yourself. Nah.

Pain releases anger, right. That don't mean the pain has to be on you. Get a punching bag, a mattress, something that you can cause damage to, whatever. And punch the **** out of it. Kick the **** out of it. That would cause pain to any living thing on this planet. It won't hurt anything to a real-life extent, though it'd be the same as if it was.

Smashing someone to nothing in a fight, satasfies the one that comes out on top, because he caused pain on the other. Snappin' him in the crib a couple o' hundred times, would sure cause pain to him aswell, no doubt. Why not do that to something that won't affect anything in real-life? This is where the punching bag comes in.

Blades, knives, the crap like that, shouldn't even come near the human body. Anything that can kill... anything sharp, the like. Ain't the way to go. Drawing blood from yourself isn't normal.

There's more ways out of emotional distress and anger, than taking down yourself with it.