Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I finally got a scanner (YAY!), so I figured that it would be a good idea to start seeking criticism.

This is a fairly recent sketch. I was mainly focused on getting the proportions of his face right, which is probably why his ponytail looks a little..... unfinished.

~Dagger~
Guest rttocs77
Posted
Wow, that sucks. Why embaress yourself by putting up a sucky drawing.

Another note, which class did you draw that in? ;-)
Posted
[SIZE=1][color="666666"]
RTTOCS77! Dude/Dudette your wrong!The Drawing is actually quite wonderful. One thing that catches my eyes when I look at it. Is his hair flowing pretty freely down the side of his face for some odd reason o.o The only thing that I don't like is the nose for some reason. Still its awesome and try coloring it using your graphics program.

Overall Rating:
9.5 / 10
[/size][/color]
Posted
Rttocks77, I wonder how well you draw. Let's see for ourselves and compare if it sucks.

Oh an Dagger, that's a good drawing. You draw better then me, I'm just starting to draw. The hair is great, but there's something missing. That's all really, otherwise it's a nice drawing.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Inuluvr1 [/i]
[B]Rttocks77, I wonder how well you draw. Let's see for ourselves and compare if it sucks. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]To give him the benefit of the doubt, I'm pretty sure he was joking. The are friends offline and he goes to school with her. Hence, the winking smiley at the end.

I love it. I can't draw people's faces from the side for the life of me. I've tried, but it just doesn't work. You did really well.[/color][/size]
Posted
Eh, its alright. I dont like how his arm is raised but its btter than anything I could do. Wery nice. Cool smile, awesome hair. and dont mind whats his name, hes just starting controversy on purpose.
Guest rttocs77
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]To give him the benefit of the doubt, I'm pretty sure he was joking. The are friends offline and he goes to school with her. Hence, the winking smiley at the end.

I love it. I can't draw people's faces from the side for the life of me. I've tried, but it just doesn't work. You did really well.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]


You're correct.

I can't draw at all. Well, I can draw fairly good abstract landscapes haha.
Posted
That's very good. If you think you're that bad at faces, go to [url=http://neondragonart.com/dp]Dragon Paint[/url]. Lots of good tuts there! Anyways, the one and only thing I have a problem with is the bang, if that's what you call it on a guy. It'd make it a bit hard to see, no?
Posted
Thanks for all of your comments! I really appreciate it.

Recently, I've been trying to teach myself how to draw the folds in fabric. Here are two sketches (done in Geometry and French III, respectively) in which I focused entirely on clothing--which would be why the people lack faces, hair, and other random body parts. ^__^;;

~Dagger~
Posted
[size=1][color=maroon]Looks pretty good to me. Hell of a lot better than anything I could have done, that's for sure. The only part that really bothers me are the the woman's (I'm assuming it's a lady, hence the dress, but I don't know about some people, so..) hips. Or lack there of. Which doesn't have to do with clothes at all, really.

Either way, I'd say you're getting the hang of folds quite nicely. ^_^

And I [i]love[/i] those skinny legs on the right. Good shading there, too. Gotta love it. ^_^[/color][/size]
Posted
[font=arial]Dude. Those are teh spiff.

Seriously. I love the stance of the second one, and the outfit and whatever. It's very cool.
[/font]
Guest rttocs77
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dagger IX1 [/i]
[B]Thanks for all of your comments! I really appreciate it.

Recently, I've been trying to teach myself how to draw the folds in fabric. Here are two sketches (done in Geometry and French III, respectively) in which I focused entirely on clothing--which would be why the people lack faces, hair, and other random body parts. ^__^;;

~Dagger~ [/B][/QUOTE]

I think everyone should know that I am the invisible force that aided in the creation of that drawing. I was sitting right next to her when she did a good portion of it.

Dagger, in the future, please give credit where due-credit is deserved. ;)
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]I myself have a problem doing the wrinkles in clothing. It's an annoyance if you ask me.

My favorite thing to draw if RUFFLES! I have practiced so much I am an expert at the ruffles, heh. ^_^[/color][/size]
Posted
Queen! I've seen a few of your drawings on fanart, and I think your drawing are nice. I've only put one picture on but my scanner is broken so, I would post more, but yep. I have some older ones that are kind of cool, but I'm not as good as Dagger!!!
Posted
You people all sound so good at drawing. I still cant seem to get the proportions for a body right. It seems as though I'm always drawing a half chibi half manga mutation.
The folds are great Dagger, love them. Don't worry about the faces and other missing body parts. You seem to have the hang of them.
I couldn't draw that well if my life depended on it. Well, maybe I could, but it hasn't got to the stage that it matters [b]that[/b] much as to how well I draw.
I think I'll stick to writing...
But just one question...
For teenage characters...how would you do the proportions?
Meh...I gotta go wash the dishes now...stupid family....
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Teenage characters? Oh, I usually make them very tall and slender--shoujo-esque, in other words.

Here's a super-quick (albeit slightly bizarre) headshot that I had to draw for a French project. My goal was to make the guy look old, gaunt, and mildly glum, which is why I put a modified version of Picasso's "Tragedy" in the background.

~Dagger~

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...