OtakuBoards

Anyone watch .hack//DUSK yet? or maybe read some of the manga?

Shugo Kunisaki

well, when I visited Guam, i got to see the whole seires of .hack//DUSK. it was in japanese and roughly translated by my cousins, but still, from that view i enjoyed it. I'd rather not go into detail about it for the chance that i might spoil it for people here in america ^^;. anyways, i was wondering if anyone besides me got to watch it or read the manga?

[color=midnightblue]I believe this is the third .hack//Legend of Twilight (DUSK) thread from recent months..

I have the first two volumes of the manga, and I enjoy it thoroughly. The animation is nice and cheery, and I have found my way around the somewhat chibi aspect. Now it doesn't bother me at all, especially since the second volume lowered the number of "freak-out" expressions.

The first volume had basically standalone stories that introduced the main characters. Now that I look back, it wasn't the most thick-plotted volume of manga ever.. More like a spinoff that was planned from the beginning.

The second book had a nicer plot (I liked volume 2's color pages more, as well) which fit together the different chapters well. [spoiler]Aura's daughter has come to be one of my favorite characters, I think.[/spoiler] The omake gallery in the back was also pretty cool, though the page of gag manga in volume 1 is my favorite section.

I reccomend the series, though it isn't exactly at the top of my list.[/color]