Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1][color=006699]I didn't know where this belongs, since it is a Broadway show, so I just put it here..

Well, I've been listening to a lot of Broadway lately, and out of all of the songs I have (seventy-six, to be exact), the music from Rent is my favorite, especially La Vie Boheme.

I would love to go see it... so my question is, have any of you heard the music from it and/or gone to see it? Do you like it?[/color][/size]
Posted
I saw it in London a long time ago. I loved it then, and I still love the music. There have been groups of people that travel around preforming it. I don't think these shows are up to par with the show on Broadway.

When I saw it there were 2 members of the original cast. I don't think any of the original cast is still preforming, but depending on where you see it, it has the potential of being an amazing show.
Posted
I've seen Rent in New York twice (... three times? I forget. I think just twice) and I really like it. It's one of those musicals directed more towards us and the "younger" generation. The first time, I went with my parents, and they didn't really enjoy it, what with the incredibly loud electric guitar and things like that, heh.

I also love the story and found it really touching, and an interesting view of a time that I know nothing about. I'd highly recommend it.
Posted
One of the actors in a show I was in gave me a ride home after rehearsal, and he had the cast recording soundtrack to "Rent" playing in his car. I only heard a few songs, but I liked the ones I heard. Shame I don't know the names of them.
Posted
When i was in choir back when it first came out, we sang the "minutes" song. I can't think of it's name right now. it's like "five hundred twenty four thousand six houndred minutes", i think. I really enjoyed singing this song, and our music teacher play the record, yes record, not cd, of it. I really enjoyed the music. I think i was a little to young at the time to be able to enjoy the show, though.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by duorocks17 [/i]
[B]When i was in choir back when it first came out, we sang the "minutes" song. I can't think of it's name right now. it's like "five hundred twenty four thousand six houndred minutes", i think. I really enjoyed singing this song, and our music teacher play the record, yes record, not cd, of it. I really enjoyed the music. I think i was a little to young at the time to be able to enjoy the show, though. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=006699]That one is called "Seasons of Love".

The others are:
One Song
La Vie Boheme
Life Support
Light My Fire
Take Me or Leave Me[/color][/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...