Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Broken Sky


Recommended Posts

Posted
Hey, this is one of my first threads so..............has anyone heard of broken sky? I've read all the books and think there awsome!
Has anyone else read them?
Posted
[size=1][color=006699]No, I haven't read them.. I've heard of them, but never read them.

...shouldn't this be in the Poetry/Fanfiction/Literature section?[/size][/color]
Posted
I've read the first four, and I've really enjoyed them. Despite the fact that they're children's books, I find them very entertaining. The story isn't super-cheesy like in many children's books, the characters have real problems and feelings, and there's quite a bit of action.

By the way, are there more than four right now? I can't find any past the fourth.
Posted
Check your local chapters. They're classified as childrens/early teens books as they were published by schoolastic (The author couldn't get anyone else, they were some of his first work).

I own all the books (Original covers too. Though the first one is in a bit of a bad shape...). I love the books and I think Chris Wooding has some great ideas. He isn't the best writer in the world, but his own little world he's created makes up for it. :D
Posted
[font=arial]I think my brother has all of them. I read them as he got them.

We used to joke that the series would eventually end simply because Wooding would run out of characters to kill off.

He sure did get himself into a nasty habit of killing off most of my favorite characters. Granted, they didn't always stay dead, but you know.[/font]
Posted
I found the first two books in a book fair at my old school... and bought them amid teasing that I only got them for the anime covers. :whoops:
They ARE pretty good, though I haven't found the third book yet. Pooh.
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]Actually, I just picked up the first one yesterday at the library. It looked interesting and the character design really got my attention. I havn't started reading it yet, but I was planning on doing so today. To bad the library only had the first one. *sighs* Another disadvantage of living in a small town. I guess it'll have to be enough for me. Well, maybe once I read it i'll coment more on it later.[/color][/size]
Posted
I'v read the first book and about half of the second one, but that was when I was in 5th grade (>_<) I liked them alot. I thought it was a pretty interesting, but I grew out of them pretty fast. It sorta became all confussing to me.

I think there are 7 or 8 books out. Well, thats what I remember...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted
there's nine books, with the last three in one book for american versions. they were pretty good, i lent them to half my friends to read. the world he created was really good, one of my favorite made up worlds.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...