OtakuBoards

Black Eyed Pea-where is the love?

Kyo no Ryu

Does anyone else listen to this band? Theyre like a hip-hop-R&B combo. Very cool band. They sing about... pretty much anything. Those of ou who have no clue about them they sing "Where is the love?" and variouse other songs. Personnally I like the songs "Get Retarded" and "anxiety ft. Papa Roach".

[i][center]people killin people diyin
children hurtin hear them cryin
if you practice what you preach
and dont you turn the other cheek
father father father help us
send some guidance from above
now people got me got me questionin
wher is the love?[/i][/center]

I just bought their album Elephunk last week. It's pretty fun to listen to. In fact, I've listened to it so much that I can sing along to the Tagalog part of "The Apl Song" and the Spanish part of "Latin Girls."

I pretty much like the whole thing, even the hidden track that comes on after "Where Is The Love." I found it funny when a friend of mine liked the song "Where Is The Love" and was going to get it, but changed his mind once he found out Justin Timberlake sang the chorus. "It's a good song... but he's in it. I don't want to support him." Sad part is, he was just going to download it. It's not like he was gonna support him if he did.

I like singing along to "Shut Up" and "The Apl Song." "The Apl Song" is just fun, because I don't understand a word he's saying during the chorus. "Shut Up" is a weird song in general:

[quote]Cuz I heard them lame dame excuses just yesterday

That was a different thing

No it ain't

That was a different thing

No it ain't

That was a different thing[/quote]

It's good to dance to, though. It's a very party-ready CD.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kyo no Ryu [/i]
[B]Thanks Manic, your the only one who ever replies to my threads here. I remember when my mom told me about JT being in that song and I nearly hurled. I agree, shut up is pretty funny.

[i][center]shut up, just shut up, shut up[/center][/i] [/B][/QUOTE]

I was wondering how in sven hells you could even [i]listen[/i] to that song when you hate Justin Timberlake that much. But with him or not I still love that song. and I'm deffinatly not his biggest supporter....That's sad though that your friendwon't download the song cause of JT Manic. I mean who cares who is in it as long as you like it. Oh well...his loss....They played that song all the time on my old station. And I'd still be listening to it if we hadn't moved.*walks off grumbling about being an Army Brat*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chichiri's Girl [/i]
[B]I was wondering how in sven hells you could even [i]listen[/i] to that song when you hate Justin Timberlake that much. But with him or not I still love that song. and I'm deffinatly not his biggest supporter....That's sad though that your friendwon't download the song cause of JT Manic. I mean who cares who is in it as long as you like it. Oh well...his loss....They played that song all the time on my old station. And I'd still be listening to it if we hadn't moved.*walks off grumbling about being an Army Brat* [/B][/QUOTE]

HAHA! More seven Hells... anywhoo... I dont really care that hes in there it doesnt matter, I love the song and cant tell hes in it. Haha army brat. *giggles* You crack me up. Your ALSO one of the only people who replies to my threads.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kyo no Ryu [/i]
[B]HAHA! More seven Hells... anywhoo... I dont really care that hes in there it doesnt matter, I love the song and cant tell hes in it. Haha army brat. *giggles* You crack me up. Your ALSO one of the only people who replies to my threads. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes "seven hells" is one of my favorite expressions....DON"T STEAL IT!!!!!*suddenly grows a snake tounge and hisses at you* You can kind of tell it's Justin Timberlake in it though. His voice is hmm how soud I put this? Unique? And by that I mean...i'm not sure what i mean actually...:sweat: But anyway when I first heard it I was all like "Is that ustin Timberlake? What is [i]he[/i]doing in this song? It isn't the type he normally does...."
an dwhat's wrong with being an Army brat?!?!?*whacks you upside the head* fool....

I'm definitely not a fan of theirs, but I at least know that they are not a new artists. It's kinda funny when people act like someone is their favorite musical artist but actually know nothing about them. Will I Am had/still has his own show on Mtv 2 where he introduces all the songs in freestyle.

I remember back in 1998 when The Black Eyed Peas had that song "Joints and Jams". The video for that song was really neat. You can watch the video [URL=http://search.rollingstone.com/bin/search?section=video_rs&query=black%20eyed%20peas&exact=&matchany=]here[/URL] on Rollingstone.com.
They also had that one video "Hey DJ" featuring Macy Grey from another album a few years ago that was actually on TRL. I'm surprised someone as trendy as you didn't know that. Haha.