OtakuBoards

Further Seems Forever

OlgaTheDwarf

Well I have never really considered myself a Further Seems Forever fan until I recently saw them in concert. Now, I am a flaming fanboy that is in love with their newest CD, [i]How to Start a Fire[/i].

I'm not quite sure why I wasn't a big fan before, though it probably had to do with their blatant dealings with Chris Carraba (he was their first lead singer). Anyway, their newest lead singer, Jason Gleason (formerly of the Hardcore band, Affinity), doesn't come with the whining vocals that Carraba had (though his vocals for FSF were more soaring than whiny, so he doesn't ruin them completely.)

Like I said before, I am in love with their new CD and haven't been able to stop listening to it. Some might just pass it of as just another "emo" album but I see it as much more than that. If you gave it a good listen you could probably recognize many influences that range from jazz, straight up rock, and even hardcore.

So, if you like rock music, I would recomend that you give a thorough check to FSF. That is if you haven't already heard of them. Because if you have this thread was created for you to express your oppinions of FSF, so go on express!

Never thought I'd see a thread about this on here.

I actually like the old Further Seems Forever CD ([i]The Moon is Down[/i]) more than the new one([i]How to Start a Fire[/i]). Chris Carraba is such a good singer/song writer where the new guy's voice is nothing special to me. It's still good, don't get me wrong, but I prefer Chris's singing better.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dan Rugh [/i]
[B]Never thought I'd see a thread about this on here.

I actually like the old Further Seems Forever CD ([i]The Moon is Down[/i]) more than the new one([i]How to Start a Fire[/i]). Chris Carraba is such a good singer/song writer where the new guy's voice is nothing special to me. It's still good, don't get me wrong, but I prefer Chris's singing better. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I still do enjoy [i]The Moon is Down[/i] and like many of the songs but musically, I really think FSF matured on [i] How to Start A Fire[/i]. Plus, I also take into account that the new guy doesn't just have an amazing singing voice (or at least in my opinion) but he also has an amazing screaming vocal ability, though he doesn't use it too much with FSF. Also, at their show I went to they played many songs from [i]The Moon is Down[/i] and when Jason (the new singer) sang he sounded ridiculously like Chris, even my friend who's a die-hard DC fan thought so. I guess it really just comes down to personal opinion...

Wow. . . . Someone else has heard of Further Seems Forever. Usually when I say I'm a big fan, people are like "Who's that?" I'm glad I can finally talk bout em.
Ok, first off, Olga when you speak in live terms, Jason sounds so much like Chris it's scary. But when you talk about the album, he sounds nothing like him. I like both CD's, but for different reasons. I think I like The Moon Is Down because of its musical quality. The music is really good. And their lyrics are half-bad. I actually like Fursther Seems Forever when Chris was the singer. He is able to hit those long, gorgeous high notes that Jason cannot. But I like Jason too because he has that low voice that just reverberates in my soul. Ya kno' what I mean?
I must say I enjoy How To Start A Fire for its lyrical qualities rather than its musical ones. Don't get me wrong, the music is great. Especially the guitar! I love their guitar guy. But back to subject:the music is good. I really really really liked the actual lyrics to this one better. With Chris they were always about normal everyday stuff. Jason, on the other hand, writes lyrics about emotions. I think that's why so many people like the second one's lyrics better. It appeals to their emotions in such a strong way that you can't help getting caught in what they say.
Oh, and Olga. . . . . . next time you hear someone call Further Seems Forever "emo". . . . . . . .punch them in the face for me. ^^ just kidding. But you may hurt them if you wish. *winks*
~haze