OtakuBoards

Pez

Ellester41

:twitch: Um.... I was just wondering if anybody out there collects Pez figures, or whatever you call them. My mom does. She probably has more than 100 by now. I like the candy. It is basically colored, flavored sugar... :toothy: She has all the little things in a box, and when new ones come out, she gets two of each... one for the collection, and one to put candy in and, well, eat, I guess... Anywho, I just wanted to know if anyone collects them, or if you know someone who does, please tell me!:therock:

[font=arial][color=336600]I know a couple people who collect them.

I like the candy, but I could never figure out how to get it into the little dispenser. My mom had to do it for me for years...well, when we got it, anyway. I think she purposely avoided it for that reason, heh.

I don't imagine that she was very keen on buying candy she had to help her daughter eat. *amusement*[/font][/color]

[size=1]Yeah, I collect Pez dispensers.. lots of fun.

I got my first one back in 1998, when I visited Washington DC with my junior high school. We were visiting a store that was supposedly themed to the Revolutionary War, but for some reason they sold Pez dispensers. This was very amusing to me, and in order to keep some sort of historical accuracy, I purchased a Barney Rubble dispenser. (You see, the Flintstones are from the caveman days, so therefore they might have been featured on candy during the 1700's, or something.)

Since then I have purchased about 60 different Pez dispensers, all of them featuring random cartoon character. I really just buy them for the candy, though, and all of them have been removed from their original packaging. That ruins any sort of collectors value they might have someday, but I don't really care. I doubt anyone would want my Ninja Turtles Pez in 20 years, anyway.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shy [/i]
[B][size=1]I doubt anyone would want my Ninja Turtles Pez in 20 years, anyway.

-Shy[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] I would. I love them, and will for my whole life. I used to watch that show like it was a religion, and that it was breathing. I'd tape it and watch the same episode so many times, I'd tape it each and every time it was on USA. I think that was one of the stations it was on, anyways.

I haven't watched the new show though. I wish they'd just show the old show again.

Ahem, anways, Pez is good stuff. I mean, you can't beat how the lozenges of the candy appear to be pills.

And I guess they are like a drug, to have been around so long lol.

Pez=Good memories.[/size]

I loved those Pez things. I got them in the dispenser, my first try and it worked. Heh lucky me.

I always collected the cartoon ones. Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, etc. Those were my favorite kind of dispensers, and I loved sugar so much and sometimes made me feel a little wacky. And I still love sugar, but I don't really eat them anymore.
I also betted to my sister I could swallow it whole. I always lost, ending up choking myself. Smart.