OtakuBoards

Thanksgiving

lea

It may sound cruel and stupid to celebrate a holiday where a mass of innocent people were killed, but as it's been said earlier, this holiday has lost all meaning. For the longest time, the public wasn't told the darker side of the story, and ate like pigs without a care-- give or take some health problems. Then the truth surfaces, and everyone finds out the natives were slaughtered on that night. Is the holiday abolished? No. It's another day off and has become traditional in many households.

So nowadays, this holiday has no real meaning. Much like Valentines Day, no one wants to know that they're indulging themselves on a day where people were killed for reasons that make absolutely no sense by today's standards.

[size=1][color=maroon]Thanksgiving is always fun for me not because of "what it stands for" (that's just a load of crap), but because I get to just relax with my family and do something I love - eat. That, and football. There will be football to watch, and football to play, and sweaters to wear, and pictures to take, leaves to jump in and dogs to play with, and that's always fun for me.

The really great thing about Thanksgiving this year is that I finally get to spend a long weekend with my family. Instead of just one full day, like I'm normally used to (since it takes 5 hours to get home), I get four. And since my family is sort of weird and really close and all that, it means a lot to me. So Thanksgiving is more about us just hanging out together and actually not arguing over silly things on the pretense that we're supposed to be happy and thankful. Works out from everybody. Well, except for the Native Americans. >.>[/color][/size]

Thanksgiving aint really my style.Not really into it although my dads side of the family is totally into it.So yeah we celebrate it there.I dont like turkey which is another reason dont like Thanksgiving much I perfer just corn,mash potatoes,and bread.Anyways not only that they make us say what we grateful for -_- Ive been doing this all my life and it gets old really fast.