OtakuBoards

Behold my latest creation! The Cat Banner!

Zephyr

Once more I have tried my hand at creating a banner. This time, instead of anything .Hack//SIGN related, I chose to focus on one of my favorite quotes from FLCL. I also used this one to test out a few new tricks, like lower opacity for the Mamimi picture to the left, and a border design.

In addition, as a limited-time offer I created a second banner that lacks my name on it. If anyone wants it just PM me and I will add your name to the second one and place it in this post for you to use. (First come, first serve)

Anyway, back to the matter are hand. Let me know what your thoughts are on this banner. And tell me if it looks any better then the one in my sig.

Try not to mix and match pictures from different animes. All animes have a unique and different color/picture/clarity/etc. If you take two pictures from two different animes, they won't look well together. The background is, i'm sorry to say, a bit amateur. I think you just used a single filter on a gradient. You didn't bother to cut out the picture of the rabbit, and thus decided to blur the edge to try and make it blend. Try using the [i]Polygonal Lasso Tool[/i], if you have Photoshop, to crop out the background and leave the picture for you to manipulate. The red text is hard to read, mainly because red looks horrible on green/brown. If it's your first banner, it's very well put together. Nicely done for your first time. 6.5/20. Keep at it :D