OtakuBoards

Yugi and Tea?

Amity

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Digital Monster [/i]
[B]I'll say the same thing about the Marik name change as was said before- IT'S ONLY 1 LETTER!
[/B][/QUOTE]
Excuse me for feeling Marik sounds real lame, and that keeping it Mariku would've been a smarter choice on 4Kids' part. I wouldn't have cared if it were changed to Mariku, like I didn't care when Isis was changed to Ishizu, and VesVes changed to 'Besubesu' or PallaPalla being changed to ParaPara (all the way the Japanese prounouced the names. There's nothing wrong with that). Dubbing companies have been doing alot of simply keeping the prounouciation the same and I have no problem with that, but I have a problem with the name Marik. They keep the prounoucing of Ishizu there, but not the one of Mariku? That seems a little bit stupid on my part.

Btw, when the episodes come to canada those subtitles like 'enter the Shadow realm' aren't there at all, so that's WB's own doing. (just saying)

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Seeing as the discussion in this thread seems to have moved past its point of no return, I'm going to close it.

If you want to discuss the changing of Japanese names in the dub or CCG (as long as you do it intelligently), please [i]start another thread[/i].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]