OtakuBoards

Yugi and Tea?

Amity

Who has thoughts about Yugi and Tea!?! I do...I watched this mornings episodes and now it's real obviouse that Tea and Yugi have a real close connection. Respond to this if you'd like...I can handle whatever you throw here...:smirk:

Well, I've been saying for years that if Yugi and Joey would put down those stupid cards and pay attention to what [b]really[/b] mattered, they'd realize that Tea and Mai have the hots for them, respectivly.

In the manga, hikari Yugi is clearly smitten with Anzu/Tea, but she swoons over Yami Yugi. Alas.

[COLOR=#503F86]There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Ishizu is not in any way interested in Kaiba, save to prove to him that history is repeating itself. The main reason she was interacting with him was to give him Obelisk anyway, and she entered the Battle City tournament to save Marik. Although she knew she was going to duel him, I doubt it was a perk.[/COLOR]

She knew because of her mellinium necklace. Ha ha ha! Yeah, Yugi is too short to kiss tea but she can bend down. When I look at the purspective of it, I see Yugi and Tea pairing up, Joey and Mai pairing up. And then I see Duke and Serenity pairing up. What about Tristan though!? Here's another qusetion, who do you think will win Serenity's heart? Tristan or Duke?

Ha ha ha! Lol! You people are about as crazy as myself. Which is good! Ok. That would be an encore! Seeing the three bickering at eachother then spotting Serentiy with Kaiba. Their looks, would be priceless! In my opinion anyway. **Ahem** But yeah, I really don't know anymore. Who Serenity would choose. I mean Duke tries to keep her safe and all and then you see Tristan who is trying to be the sweetest he can be and also keep her away from Duke. It's quite a show, watching them go on biting eachothers ankles over Serenity...

If u dont mind me I think it would be Duke and Serenity because she pays more attention 2 him then 2 Tristan *poor guy I feel sorry for him* unless she starts paying more attention 2 Tristan I dunno who she will like but Tea and Yugi I really think they like each other but just won't show it and Joey with Mai that may be true I dunno i'll tell u more if i see more. <(^_^)>

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathBug [/i]
[B]Well, I've been saying for years that if Yugi and Joey would put down those stupid cards and pay attention to what [b]really[/b] mattered, they'd realize that Tea and Mai have the hots for them, respectivly. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Good one!!!! :laugh:
I would have to say I agree with you there DeathBug.

I did see some thing between Yugi and Tea in the weekends show. They make a cute couple. :love: As for some of they others like the love triangle between Serenity and Tristan or Duke? I do see her milking it for a while, but I don't see away she would go just yet. I read some where [Spoiler] that Mia turns Joey away because of her time in her head from the duel between her and Mirik.[/Spoiler] If I could just remember where. Well there are my thoughts on the couples in YuGi-Oh.
THE FIZZ[/color]:wigout:

I honestly didn't think that Yugi and Tea were originally meant to be a couple. I thought that it was one of those situations where the lead guy and the lead girl were only set up in the English version (like Gundam Wing with Heero and Releena... *shudders*). They seem cute, but I dunno...

In the original manga, Hikari Yugi has long been established as having a crush on Tea/Anzu. I think it was carried over, and not just something US dubber invented. There's simply so many scenes that point in that direction.

In the manga, however, Anzu/Tea is rescued by Yami without ever seeing his face, and developes a crush on him. In this month's Shonen Jump, [spoiler]Yugi told Jonochi/Joey and Anzu/Tea the truth about the "other him" and transformed in front of them. I'm waiting to see Anzu/Tea's reaction to the identity of her "mysterious hero". =) [/spoiler]

Guest Dew_Shan
Couples, as far as I see them: Yugi/Tea, Joey/Mai, Serenity/Tristan. Do you really think that there is a chance in something-or-other that Duke could convince Joey that he isn't evil and he want's to date Serenity and so on? No chance in nothing, I'm afraid. Tristan was there first as well, so there is justice in the world.

Guest fatalvicious
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hells Fire [/i]
[B]Mia and Joey , Kaiba and Ishizu, Yugi and Tea, Tristen or Duke and Serenity, Pegasus and whatever her name was.

Hey do you think Kaiba like Ishizu or Ishizu likes Kaiba? Thats the only couple I'm not sure about. [/B][/QUOTE] i do not think so though.[COLOR=orangered]orange-red[/COLOR]

I have my statement in this. I believe Yugi and Anzu would make a good couple as well as Mai and Joey.

I get my main proof from how they act around each other on the show, but also from World Wide Edition. ^^ See, some of the characters interact with each other if they're in the same square and will switch places with who you chose to duel with. If Mai and Anzu are in the same section this is what happens (not exact text, but close enough):

Mai: So... whaddaya think about Yugi and Anzu? I think there's something going on, don't you?
Anzu: Hey Mai!
Mai: Anzu! What are you doing here?
Anzu: Looking for someone to duel like everyone else.
Mai: Right, a duelist! Well, why don't you challenge this guy! I gotta go!
Anzu: What's wrong? Aw, never mind. Let's duel.

Anzu: I think something's going on between Mai and Joey. They've been real close lately.
Mai: Hey Anzu!
Anzu: My... My... MAI! (I can't remeber the text here but Anzu exits)
Mai: I wonder what her problem is.

^^ That's just my two bits.

I don't know. After seeing this mornings episode, I think Serenity and Duke will hit it off!!! The look on Tristan's monkey face was soo cute!!! Then again, Duke acts like he's the superlative of the face of man-kind besides Serenity...

I missed that episode *cries*

Oh boy, the love triangle of YGO, Honda/Tristan, Otogi/Duke and Shizuka/Serenity! (sorry but I prefer the Japanese much more) Every anime needs a love triangle! :P Well anyways, that's a real hard one. I'm kinda leaning more towards Honda tho... I dunno, must be the whole sacrificed himself to save her thing in their duel. Yeah.

But ya know, when you guys say 'Oh Jounouchi wouldn't approve of that!' what about when those serenity and kaiba are a couple rumors started spreading around. O_o I think Jounouchi would rather have her dating Honda or otogi than kaiba. O_O Yikes.

Speaking of kaiby, my two bits, I don't think he goes well with ANY of the girls from YGO. Or any other girls form anime for that matter that I've seen so far, with exception to Yui Hongo from Fushigi Yuugi (they are so much alike it scares me at times). but i can see where the 'kaiba and isis' thing came from, she's the only girl in the show that would have the best chances with him :P and everybody wants to pair up all the characters so, yeah :P

(Honestly i think kaiba and Jounouchi are the cutest yaoi couple ever! ^^ *giggles*)

Ahhh!!! You did?? That must have sucked big time!!!! I thought it was so cute! Anyways, where do you guys/girls think this is going? With Tristan being a monkey and the love triangle between him Serenity, and Duke? Also, what happened to Marik? Did they forget about him? Another question, why did they name the saga Enter the Shadow Realm when they're just ina virtule game made up by a snooty brat named Noah? There are so many things I want to as about this!!! It's quite confusing. What is the interpret of this saga? Getting taken over by the Big Five? If you have the answers to my questions, please, feel free to answer them. I need clearification on them.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amity [/i]
[B]Ahhh!!! You did?? That must have sucked big time!!!! I thought it was so cute! Anyways, where do you guys/girls think this is going? With Tristan being a monkey and the love triangle between him Serenity, and Duke? Also, what happened to Marik? Did they forget about him? Another question, why did they name the saga Enter the Shadow Realm when they're just ina virtule game made up by a snooty brat named Noah? There are so many things I want to as about this!!! It's quite confusing. What is the interpret of this saga? Getting taken over by the Big Five? If you have the answers to my questions, please, feel free to answer them. I need clearification on them. [/B][/QUOTE]

Relax, Amity. I'm going to try to answer all of your questions to the best of my abilities...

-Where's the love triangle going, you mean? Well, personally, I'm rooting for Tristan. ^^ He's had a thing for Serenity even before Duke met her.

-Nobody could ever forget Marik. They'll probably have a few "Meanwhile, back on the blimp..." episodes with Yami Marik and Isis (I LOVE her Japanese name; why didn't they keep it????).

-"Enter The Shadow Realm" is probably the best title they could come up with for the current story arc. It's definitely not going to be just a few episodes long; it's probably going to go on until early summer of next year, depending on how often they play new episodes. But the bottom line is, they felt that they needed to take a break from the previous story arc just to do this. And here's why...

-What is the interpretation of this sage? Simple: the creators of the anime probably thought that the whole Battle City Finals epic is getting a little too scary for kids, what with Yami Marik being so... cooky. But that's most likely why they made this whole saga up, because as far as I know, this story arc with the Big Five was never in the manga. And that also explains why the first few duels had such cutsey characters like Kuriboh and the penguins. It makes perfect sense now, doesn't it?

I can't tell ya when we're gonna get back to Battle City, but I can tell you that by the time we get there, this story arc will become just as interesting. At least I hope so...

I think we might be getting a little off track in this thread; we really should just stick with the coupling subjects...

Thanks Snodin! **Ahem** Yes back to topic.

I honestly think that Yugi and Tea are a good couple. Though I have this small theory of mine. If Yami loved Anzu back then, and he sees Tea who is actually Anzu, as a friend, what will become of that? It's confusing I know, but to me it makes good sense. When Yami was pharoah and his true love was Anzu, who is the reincarnation of Anzu, wouldn't Yami, who is inside Yugi's puzzle and Yugi himself, think of Tea more than just a friend? Or is he trying to stay out because he knows that Yugi has the hots for her? That's my theory basically. I think Yami would think of her more than just a friend because she's Anzu.

What was worse about missing the episode was that I had woken up at 8:00 just to watch the first one but then i found out it was a re-run, so i thought the one later that day would be so as well. Then i went to see if i catch the few last minutes of it, for a glimpse of Kaiby, but Pokemon's on, so i checked the info for that YGO episode on my satelitte and nearly went into hysterics. What was even worse was that I saw some of that episode in japanese thanks to kazaa so i really wnated to know what the bloody dickens was going on! :bawl:

[QUOTE]and Isis (I LOVE her Japanese name; why didn't they keep it????).[/QUOTE]
Because that was how the Japanese prounouced it actually. And malik (not Marik!) was prounouced mariku. I would've been happy if 4kids changed Malik to Mariku, but Marik!? UGHHHHHHHHHH I'M GONNA KILL THOSE DUMBIES!!!

And the Enter the Shadow realm title is the most ridiculus thing I ever heard. The season has NOTHING to do with the Shadow realm! ARGH!!!!