Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Do you prefer Villians or Heroes?  

24 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you prefer Villians or Heroes?

    • Villains
      13
    • Heroes
      11


Recommended Posts

Posted
Which do you prefer character-wise out of villains or heroes in anime?

Give details on why you voted for the one you did, and examples from your favorite series.

I vote for villains, just because they always seem so much more intelligent, elegant and powerful, and often complex. This contrasts with the gung-ho, scruffy, weaker-seeming and open heroes.

Great examples are Trieze and Une from Gundam Wing contrasted with Relina and Duo; and Kagato from Tenchi Muyo! and Tenchi Universe contrasted with Tenchi and most of his gang.
Posted
[COLOR=royalblue]I would and did say heroes, because most women like the bad boys ~and I am no exception~ but I have always loved the idea of being save when I get into trouble. Not that I need a man to save me, but the idea of Prince Charming is a good thought at the end of the night. Who wouldn?t like some one like Inuyasha, Yuske, or Hero come to fight for your honor or protection? Moreover, the ex-boyfriend in my life that has stood up to protect me was one of the best ex-boyfriend?s I ever had. If he had not moved away I thing I might have married him. :bawl:
Therefore, in the end it is heroes for me!!
THE FIZZ
[/COLOR] :wigout:
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, I'm pretty much a goody-goody girl, so I'd have to say that I go for the heroes. They are so sweet and innocent and I'm just a sucker for the good guys. The villians are always so stereotypical and it's hard to find a unique villian in an anime series. Of course you could say that heroes are the same way, but I think they are all different in their own fun little ways. ^_^[/color][/size]
Posted
Let's stand our stereotypical hero next to our ordinary villian. Who has more quirky evil minions? Who laughs in the more spine-tinglingly manaiacal fashion? Who has more angst-ridden issues to paw through in detailed avant-garde flashback scenes (this one really could go either way, I suppose)? The villian! They come along with their own set of trimmings, trappings and traumas to play with, which makes them instantly more complex than your average Good Samaritan. Plus, without a villian, there's really not much of a story to be found. I always found that to be something of a downside.
Posted
[color=darkblue]I'll have to say that I like heroes more than villains. I tend to identify with some good guys, mostly the silent, lonely and shy type of good guys. They don't have to be the primary character or protagonist, but basically one of the good guys.

I identify myself a lot with Shinji of NGE in the way he is around women and people in general. I feel the same way sometimes around women, I dunno, I'm very shy. Another one is either Kei or Matagu from Please! Teacher. They both good shy guys and sometimes a bit dumb around women.

With a good guy that is not shy and silent, but a little nervous arond women would be Rick Hunter from Robotech:Macross. He is the typical good guy, strong, optimistic and a true leader, but when it come to dealing with girls, a mess.[/color]

[color=red]Ani_Freak[/color]
Posted
OOoooohh...thats tough! it differs so much across series. In some series, goodies are total open goody two-shoes, and I can't say I would prefer them to Villains (Tenchi is an example of a series like this). If the Hero has some sort of dark and mysterious past though (Vash, Spike, Shinji, Alucard, Heero) or has an even more mysterious future (I'm a sucker for the 'transformation' sort of genre. Seras from Hellsing is probably the best example) I will generally prefer them.
Villains do tend to get the best lines though...
Posted
Villians all the way..they are just more complex..a villian from any good show has a deeper motivation than the hero..such as Muraki form YnM..i also like the anti-heroes..you know that kind that are not really the villian but dont get along well with the hero..such as Kyo or Seguchi Tohma
Posted
[COLOR=coral][B]I vote for VILLIANS because they're get the coolest gadget, kick more butts than heroes do. They also get to live more longer than the heroes because some heroes dies just like that. They're also good-looking and a hot hunk(for males) like NAKAGO of FUSHIGI YUUGI.

Here's a pic of NAKAGO->[/COLOR][/B]
[IMG]http://www.phenixsol.com/Miko/FY/fyNakagoblonde.jpg[/IMG]
Posted
[font=arial][color=red][b]I'd say the hero villian type. The hero/villian who's not confused, they know what to do and some times ends doing both evil and good. They are cool 'cuz they are unpredictable[/b][/color][/font]
Posted
I like villans better not because they mean but because some are so CUTE!! Look I DO like Miroku but he isn't the hero....Inuyasha is. Also Miroku started off as a villan. Another person is Hiten. Now HE IS a villan. I guess I just like that badman attitude.:) I guess Miroku's got it too ..... Duh the womanizeing.

Demon Babe:) (Younger sister)
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]Well, actually, I perfer both. It really depends on the personality and the looks. ^_~
I really can't pick which one. So normally in a show if there is a character that is on both sides, more than likely I like them. I'm kinda one of those people where I am never on a "side". I normally go with both "sides". Heh, that's all I can really say. ^^;;[/color][/size]
Posted
[SIZE=1][B]

It depends. I do like the mean, bad-*** good guy (Like Sanoske, Spike, Wolfwood), but I also like the not so evil bad guy, (Sesshomaru, Char Aznable, Aoishi Shinimori). I guess I just like the medium between the two. A bad good guy and a good bad guy.
[/B][/SIZE]
Posted
I choose, um... The characters!

Sorry, but I really can't say whether I prefer villains or heroes. Heroes are what make the story, and often I find it earier to connect with them. But villains on the other hand, when you find a connection with them it's always something extraordinary. In the long run, between heroes and villains, it really depends on the character. :)
Posted
I've noticed that in simpler shows, I tend to like the villains more. For example, in Pokemon, my fave characters are Jesse and James, no contest. My fave character in Yu-Gi-Oh is Pegasus.

However, in more complex animes, it really depends on the character.
Posted
I voted for the villians because I am not a goody-goody type person. I don't like to be generous and all, and I'm interested into anything included with death.
For example, my favorite villian in InuYasha would be Naraku. He is actually one of my favorite characters in the series, for him being so evil and isn't afraid to kill or anything. I like that, although I hate the fact he is much of a baby creating "daughters" (Kanna and Kagura) to fight his enemies instead of fighting them himself.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]although I hate the fact he is much of a baby creating "daughters" (Kanna and Kagura) to fight his enemies instead of fighting them himself. [/B][/QUOTE]
I agree with you there. I see why Naraku uses them...........Because they are women (Kagura anyway)and women do the job better than Naraku will ever hope to.
But really...even though you like him, he's being lazy and running out of tricks. Demon Babe :demon: (younger sister)
Posted
Interesting...

So far it would appear that most who are voting agree with my PRO-VILLIAN stance. Yet there would also appear to be a sizable amount of 'it depends...'

Perhaps from this point on those posting should specify 'good heroes' e.g. Tenchi, 'bad heroes' e.g. Spike, 'good villians' e.g. Treize, or; 'bad villians' e.g. Kagato.

With me, I'm not sure myself which type of villian I prefer, the stereotypical 'bad villian' is an important part of more simple anime like Pokemon. Yet the more complex 'good villian' is better for more complicated anime, like Gundam Wing. In the end I'd probably err on the side of 'bad villian' - just because you've got to have the old irredeemable, manical laughing villian sometimes - just to remember that some things should never change in anime.
Posted
I would have to say the heroes even though I am a big villian fan, because the heroes always unlock their powers that they have been holding within and end up betting the villian, so that is why I picked heroes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...