Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Poems


Guest Skyechild91

Recommended Posts

Guest Skyechild91
Posted
Soulful Truth

I look inside myself to see who I really am
I have a side as harsh as the winter, and one soft as a lamb
I trust myself to no extent, while I am cautious and unsure
I may be shy and quiet, yet at the same time I?m demure

I cannot let myself be afraid, yet I cannot be strong
I think that finally I know how to carry on
When suddenly, my hopes are gone, and I am alone once more
To ponder who I really am upon these barren shores

I am not a child, yet a woman am I neither
Slowly the confusion is beconning, come hither
And while I try to figure out, my soul begins to wither

I try, and try, and try some more
When suddenly I see
That Ill needed to know
Was that my soul is free

I am me.
That is my soulful truth.

* Not the best, but It made total sense when I wrote it.*
Posted
:wow: Did you actually write that yourself? WOW! I had no clue you were a poet... you should start doing this more often! (Not to often though or youll end up like me. Blech):bawl:
Guest Skyechild91
Posted
::beams:: Thnx! ::starts blushing:: Im not that good, tho.... Im better at stories and songs. Ill try to get another poem up! ^^

EDIT- Here it is!

Song In The Silence

A flute sings into the night
A bird joins in as it takes flight
A wolf bays, a cricket sings
A bell gently begins to ring

Then silence falls, and no one stirs
A sure and true sound can be heard
Yet at the same time, its presenence is unknown
Darkness know sits on its throne

A call is heard, yet no one hears
The darkness melts, as does ones fears
You hear it all, yet nothing falls
Upon your ears, and nothing calls

Sound returns as the presence retreats
The wings once again beat
The noises return, but not to their full brink
They know not what to think;


A flute sings into the night
A bird joins in as it takes flight
A wolf bays, a cricket sings
A bell gently begins to ring

* Hows this one? Not bad, not good, In my opinion.*
Guest Skyechild91
Posted
::wiggles:: Thnx, Lia-chan. Much apprectiate(sp) it!!
Posted
[size=1][color=darkblue]Woah! Those are very good indeed Storm. You obviously have a natural talent for poetry. All my poems are just sad attempts. Eh, well I guess I'm more a gaming girl. :p
Anyway, I love them both. Keep up the good work! ^^ I can't wait to read more in the future.[/color][/size]
Guest Skyechild91
Posted
Thankees, Conna! ^^ I hope this does me justace!

Chained

My hands are tied
I cant survive
My world is crumbling around me

I will try
To stay alive
As long as you will come to me

I cant breath
I can barley speak
Your name as it comes to mind

I try to sing
I try to be
But in futile attempt I sigh

Im chained to eternity
Wandering endlessly
Hoping for someone to set me free

Im cold and tired
Only one fire
Burns in my soul

I long for you
My heart beats true
As I take control

The chains are broken
Its time for you, then
To help me be
The one and only me

You turn away
Again I sway
Falling down into the sea

Im chained to eternity
Wandering endlessly
Hoping for someone to set me free

Comments? Scale of one to ten for all of them, please!^^
Posted
Wow, very cool. I rate the first one 7/10, I didn't like it a whole bunch. The second one I rate 9/10, I really liked it. the third one 10/10, I liked it a whole lot more. I guess you get better the more you do it.
Guest Skyechild91
Posted
I did that good? Whoa...................................:eek:
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
whoa. I love them! I think I like the second one best, tho. I like stuff that talks about the coming Darkness and all that dark mess. Very cool. ^^ 7/10 for the first simply because it didn't flow all that well. 11/10 for teh second cuz, I like it so. 9/10 for the third. It seems well. . . broken. Like you started it and then came back to it. It seems like the first 2 verses are slightly different in the feeling they give off. Could just be me in my sleep deprived state.
Guest Skyechild91
Posted
^^ hnx, Haze!

About the third- Its supposed to feel broken! Its titled 'Chained' after all!

Im so glad yu like the second one! That took me forever to write! I had just read 'That Warlock In Spite of Himself' so thats where the Elizabethian english came from! CHeck ou the book! Its by Christopher Stasheff.
Posted
You should try posting one of your poems in [url]www.poetry.com.[/url] You have a very good chance of winning $1,000 for your outstanding poetry. Heck, even I made it as a semi-finalist. :laughs:
Guest kris roby
Posted
i agree with CB Shin. i made it to be a finalist. i wa spublished in a coffe table book and was perfeshonally read on a CD. I rate the fist a 8/10. the Second a 8.5/10 and the third a 10/10. and yes the longer you write the better you get. i have been writing poems since i was in 4 th grade< sorry for getting off-topic, if i did,>. your work is very good. maybe, probally, even better than mine. but, that's justmy oppinoins.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...