OtakuBoards

How Dark Crisis will change the current game.

Domon

[COLOR=darkblue][SIZE=1]Okay, basically I want to know how you people think Dark Crisis will change the current game of YGO. Personally I think with the introduction of Vampire Lord we will see a lot better version of Deck/hand control, also those Pyramid Turtles finally have a use.

Reflect Bounder will have great potential in suicide burn decks, so much that it won't be funny, I mean think about it, three of those bad boys sitting on the field *shudders* I hate to even think about it.

Exodia Necros will be a great card for Exodia decks, of course though you want to have a Card Destruction if you want him to run in your deck, and basically you want to let your opponent get all of the Exodia Pieces into your graveyard and then smack them with Necros, course then you have to PROTECT your graveyard, I highly suggest Necrovalley being used, maybe have three in your deck if your going to run Necros, that's all I can suggest at the current time, or if you're feeling daring also throw in an Imperial Order.

Intedimensional Matter Transporter will be a godsend, I mean think about it. Your opponent is losing and you have a Blue Eyes or some other kind of strong monster out on the field and your opponent then whips out Raigeki or some other form of Monster Removal, just flip this trap over and wham! Your Monster is saved, this will definetly piss people off when you hit a Fiber Jar or a Cyber Jar, cause then once you end your turn you will have a big hitter out still, but that's granted you don't fill up your Monster Zone due to Cyber Jar's effect.

Another Monster is D.D. Warrior Girl, I mean yes she is better than D.D. Crazy Beast in a sense, but to remove the monster from play she must also follow the fate of that monster, whereas Crazy Beast stays on the field, another aspect that this time weighs in the Girl's favor is ATK, I mean yes it is only a 100 difference but still its good. Anyways I would rather stick with Crazy Beast but you decide with this card.

Two other cards are Dark Flare Knight and Mirage Knight, I mean yes Mirage Knight is hard as heck to get out, but you have to admit though, these two cards are pretty good.

If you think I forgot or missed any other cards just say so.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

You left out two of my personal favorites, Kaiser Glider, and Ruler of Heaven Shinato.
I know everyone has at least once had a monster on the field and your opponent summon someting of the same strength and runs them head-to-head. With Kaiser Gider, this will never happen again, his effect is that he cannot die in battle with a monster of the same atk. So, you could run him into a Jinzo and be rid of Jinzo and keep your monster free of charge.
Also, Ruler of Heaven Shinato. This card takes the cake. Whenever, and I mean whenever, he destroys a monster that monsters atk. strength is deducted from your opponents life points. He is a ritual, but he is well worth the cost of summonig him.

You missed the Dagger of Butterflies...

It'll probably have a huge impact on the English game, supposing enough people know how to abuse it...Exodia and Marionette might start seeing more play.

Reflect Bounder will invariably be restricted, as it is in Japan, so you'll never have to worry about more than 1.

Interdimensional Matter Transporter I can't see getting much play, to be honest...I haven't even considered putting the one I got from SJ2 in my deck (or side-deck, for that matter). Would you really sacrifice a spot that could be taken up by a card like Cylinders or Waboku for it?

Also don't forget that kiddies will flock to the new Summoned Skull.; more experienced fans will flock to V-Lord, until everyone realises it's not quite as good as the hype implies, then he finds his permanent home in Zombie and Hand-D decks.

Dark Flare knight will see little play; Mirage Knight even less. It's too darn hard to get those suckers out, and their effects are lacking, at least compared to loosing four cards to get a very situational pair of beasties. The Dark Paladin i still a better fusion.

I'm sorry, but this is going to sound like a rant. I feel that I have to say this, because I'm one of exptremely few collectors/duelists who does not want to go nuts over Dark Crisis (or Magician's Force, for that matter). If I offend or anger anyone in anyway, my humblest apologies.

I just want to say, yes; Dark Crisis will change the game indefinitely, just as every set that came beofre it and will come after it will, because that's the whole point. LOB brought us Exodia; Magic Ruler brought us the better fields; Legacy of Darkness brought us Yata; Pharonic Guardian brought us the killer combo of Ring of Destruction and Barrel Behind the Door; Magicians Force is giving us Dark Paladin among several other "must-have" cards.

I don't want to dismiss anyone as being greedy, but it's starting to look to me as though some duelists feel that it's mandatory to throw out their old cards for new "better" ones as soon as they come out. (I remember when SomeGuy at pojo.com gave us all his list of cards in his original- yes, ORIGINAL- Dream Clown/Gravity Bind deck, and weeks later, it was everywhere. It made me shudder.) It makes me feel sad, because that's a lot of money that's being wasted, and at such short time too. I miss the days of old when we spent months waiting for Pharoah's Servant to come out, and when it did, we were all about that one set alone. Now sets seem to be coming out of people's ears by the weeks (well, it feels that way anyway), and I can no longer keep track of which cards come from which set anymore. I don't even remember most of the cards that came from Labyrinth of Nightmare.

Now don't get me wrong; I've been advised just last night to ditch my Magic Jammer for Shield-Type 8, which really is better (why waste one of my cards when you can waste yours?), and I really want to get Barrel Behind the Door so that I CAN abuse my Ring of Destruction. And yes, when Chaos Emperor Dragon finally comes out, I will go bonkers for it. But my mind is already made up when it comes to what cards to put in my deck, and I hope I'm not the only one. I especially fear all those parents out there who have to pay big bucks for their salivating kids who want every single rare card from EVERY SINGLE SET! They're gonna have a field day when DC comes out, I'm sure...

But I'm not accusing all of you as being greedy. I'm just saying, the game may change with new monsters and such, but the "old school" cards are just as good as the new ones. You just have to use them wisely. Change is good... but not everyone must change.

There, I'm finished.

Uh, Vampire Lord is as good as the hype implies. Its ability of self-revival totally takes out the possibility of being hit with a Exiled Force/Raigeki or so on. With V-Lord you can possibly take out an opponent's trap section which is composed of 5-6 cards.

D.D. Warrior Girl is FAR better than the beast. With DD. Warrior Girl you can suicide ram ANY monster. The Beast can only remove monsters of only 1400 or under attack that it can destroy via battle. With the DD. Warrior Girl you can take out SHS and numeros other monsters because her removal effect is OPTIONAL.

Interdimensional is not a godsend. Its another situational card. No compeditive player runs 2-tribute monsters anymore anyway. This card is only good for -Bringer of the Omega- Chaos Imperial Dragon.

Royal Magic Library might get more use as well with the Gear Freed + Eruma combo. However, Eruma will be limited to one, so I have no idea what'll happen.

Domon, you do realize that Necrovalley negates Exodia N.'s own effect as it relates to the gy. And no, its not that good. You need 5 Ex. piecies in gy, then Ex. N. in your hand, AND a Pact of Exodia magic card. Too big a pain.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by G-Unit [/i]
[B]Uh, Vampire Lord is as good as the hype implies. Its ability of self-revival totally takes out the possibility of being hit with a Exiled Force/Raigeki or so on. With V-Lord you can possibly take out an opponent's trap section which is composed of 5-6 cards.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I am aware of that. However, he still only has 2000 attack. Has everyone forgotten how to get rid of monsters the old-fashioned way?

Jinzo. Hades. Goblin attack Force. Zombrya the Dark. Giant Orc. Practically any card with United We Stand. Injection Fairy. They all send V-Lord to the grave, and he stays there. That leaves him to revival by Monster Reborn, or Book of Life. How many decks run Book of Life?

(Should V-Lord be resurrected by Premature Burial or COTH, you can nuke the Magic/trap card and he'll stay dead.)

V-Lord is like Jinzo; he's powerful, but not as powerful as everyone makes him out to be.

Snodin, I agree with you; the card attention span has dwindled to zilch. Fortunatly, I work within the same two/three deck types, and tend to look for cards that directly benefit that type. I think that's a far better way of going about that buying up all the holos simply because they're cool.

Oh, and I hate Chaos Emporor Dragon. It will kill the English game, I tell you.

My mistake, I apologize for goofing up on Necrovalley, I forgot to mention that you should include a Gravekeeper's Chief in that kind of deck. Also G-Unit, you implied that getting all five pieces of Exodia into your graveyard would be a pain, that's why you use a few good cards that we have for discarding, like oh say Painful Choice, The Cheerful Coffin, Card Destruction, etc. But also, I imply that you should build a defensive deck for Necros, if you wish to fully use him. That's what I said earlier in my begining post.

Personally I'd rather save a monster with Interdimensional machine, but I wouldn't hog up a space that I could uese with Waboku/ Cylinder. Anywho I stated also that its totally someone's playing style wether they want to use D.D. Crazy Beast or D.D. Warrior Girl, I mean if you run an Earth Deck you would be able to power up Crazy Beast etc., the same could be said about supporting Warrior Girl with a Light deck. Anyways I re-emphasize that it totally depends on your playing style, I mean its not like people should use a certain card, I mean last time I checked there isn't a written law that you have to use certain cards.

But anyways, onto another thing, I personally think Kaiser Glider is a pretty cool Dragon, and he will be pretty good with Light Decks, especially if you're someone who likes to use elemental decks, or Glider could be used in a Dragon Deck. Course that is just me.

Domon, equip magic is slow and with the amount of removal in the game, if you use it, you'll be in some serious hand disadvantage situation. This is regarding to your idea bout the lame Beast XD. Its staying power is minimal. The DWG gives you the option to place it in def. and let the opponent ram it. THe Beast has no option.

Also, getting the 5 Exodia parts into the graveyard is the easy part. However, in the English game, cards that allow you to dump are fairly minimal. I don't want to rely on 1/40 odds that I'll get a Painful Choice.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by G-Unit [/i]
[B]Also, getting the 5 Exodia parts into the graveyard is the easy part. However, in the English game, cards that allow you to dump are fairly minimal. I don't want to rely on 1/40 odds that I'll get a Painful Choice. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]That's why you build a discard deck for dumping Exodia, that's why I've been saying in the last two posts. I mean its not that hard, build a deck that consists of searching and dumping.[/COLOR]

What you say is easier said than done.

In this so-called "era" of the control deck, the major "Pod monster" being run now is what? Fiber Pod.

The only major dumping magic cards out for English are Distressing Choice and Angel's Gift, in your case Graceful Charity.

The porblem with Necros decks is that they're are too many points to cover and to get a consistent draw or flow of each card when you need it is nearly impossible. Let me explain:

- First of all dumping. No one in their right mind runs the MJammer. We have two major dumping magic. Or you could just set the Exodia mons and let them be killed. The problem with this is, in 305-306, YGO makes an emphasis on removing cards from the game. The Eng. game won't get JP promos for a while so Foolish Burial and Sixth Sense are out of the question.

- Second, protecting yourself. While this is easy with Scapegoats and Kuribou, you also need a consistent flow of dumping and the Necros parts coming in.

- Third, Pact of Exodia and Exodia Necros BOTH need to be in your hand to be summoned.

- And after all of this, considering your LP hasn't been shot to hell, an opponent hasn't drawn a Fiber/Turner of the Dead - Kaiku, an opponent hasn't drawn a searcher to get Fiber...yeah you get the point by now.

• 2 weeks later...
SKILL DRAIN. This card will be a beatdowns best friend . We all know what this card does so just imagine..... Summon Goblin Attack Force then flip Skill Drain and pay the amount. Scary huh? Goblin can stay in attack mode as long as Skill drain is in on the field.
Sure it's gonna stop a lot of cards like Airknight and Spear Dragon and maybe even Jinzo but even though it's situational it could help other level 4 or lower 1900 + cards like Armor Exe (2400) , Arsenal Bug (2000) , Dark Elf (2000) , Giant Orc (2200) , Thunder NyanNyan (1900), Zombrya the Dark (2100), Cave Dragon (2000), and Nuvia the Wicked (2000). All those cards have effects that hinder them.
Even though it has a brutal effect it could still be taken care of with MST,HFD,HS, etc. and with so many M/T removers today it wouldn't stay out long but if you had that with I.O out for a couple of turns that could be a little bit dangerous.

I don't know if it'll be restricted but I hope it will. It may be a bit situational with some cards, but it could help beatdowns a lot, and thats scary.

Hmmm...I hadn't ever thought of Skiil Drain negating BAD effects...shadowfire's got a very good point. Except that I think it won't affect the Dark Elf. It's effect isn't as much of an effect as it is a COST. Costs aren't negated when the cards are. It's like Messenger of Peace/Imperial Order. The Messenger is negated, but the price has to be paid to keep it out. Ditto-Ditto Imperial Order to Jinzo.

The Way I see it, Skill Drain should be in the SideBoards of almost any Beatdown deck, and a few others. Some decks will just curl up and die if they see this card coming...