OtakuBoards

has anyone seen the real bout anime?

Rin Yhun

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please please PLEASE! Go read the rules on post quality at the OtakuBoards Information Center before posting again, unless you want them to be deleted.

As for the series, I read the first couple of volumes of the manga and I didn't like it. The storyline didn't flow and barely made sense and the artwork was just too crowded. I figure it's one of those series that only guys would enjoy since it tends to offer alot of fanservice.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]...I figure it's one of those series that only guys would enjoy since it tends to offer alot of fanservice.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DARKBLUE] Well, you are actually right. It doe offer some fan servise(I mean, not as much as Hand Maid May, which is a very nice OVA) but the thing that I like the most are the fighting scenes.

I have not seen the manga, but I was looking forward on buying the anime, since I read some reviews that said that it was very good on the fighting aspect. I bought the Boxed set of the series and I was very impressed. The artwork is very good, very pretty drawings and nice character designs. The fighting sequenses are well made, and detailed.

What had me a little dissappointed was the story but overall its a very good anime. Fanservice? Yes, I have to admit I like fanservice in anime. I don't like Hentai though, but series that are [i]ecchi[/i] are quite good. It adds that funny and real aspect of male characters.[/color]

[color=red]Ani_Freak[/color]

While I really like the Realbout Highschool manga, I can't say the same for the anime.
The anime looks great and all, but it doesn't have half the stuff that made the manga good. The calm, cool, and ultara powerful villian G is no where to be seen, and my favorite character, Taiho, doesn't even make an appearance. The female Shinsengumi group members are also no shows.

Instead, the anime changes everything and turns Realbout Highschool into one of those magical girl shows.
Most of the intense martial arts fight sequences are replaced with battles against Dragons and Giant Crabs. Whatsupwithat?!

Well I guess I've complained enough. The Realbout Highschool anime does have some good moments, and I'm not talking about the fanservice.
The animation is crisp and fluid, and the music is pretty good. Also, even though it strays way too far away from the manga, the story is somewhat enjoyable.
All in all its an alright anime series, but could've been better if they had stayed with the original story.

But thats just my opinion.:D

The Real Bout that you are reading in the manga takes place after what is in the anime. You are actually reading the second set of the manga series. I have atarted to read it.

As far as the anime I really enjoyed the action sequences. And the costumes that were made for the main characters. Well that is my two cents on this.

I maybe wrong, so please correct me if I am.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Skytiger [/i]
[B]The Real Bout that you are reading in the manga takes place after what is in the anime. You are actually reading the second set of the manga series. I have atarted to read it.

As far as the anime I really enjoyed the action sequences. And the costumes that were made for the main characters. Well that is my two cents on this.

I maybe wrong, so please correct me if I am. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmm, if what you say is true then why do both the anime and the manga start out in the same way. ?

The anime is pretty much the same, Ryoko meets Shizuma, then gets in a fight with that chick with the Naginata.

But then after the first K-Fight, she is transported to another demension.
After this point everything is different.

I still believe they changed the story around in hopes of drawing a different audience, but what do I know?:D