OtakuBoards

Have you Role Played Before?

ChibiHorsewoman

I've played D&D, D20 Modern and a rather breif game of shadowrun. I started out with D&D 2nd ed and moved on to 3rd ed rather quickly (I never got the hang of THAC0's) I verry rarely have a character above 3rd level as I have a rather phsychotic DM. We've recently been experimenting with RPG's over MSN mesenger because we don't reely get the time to meet and play:(.

Guest MrSonic
Still...playing...Dragon...Warrior. The first digital RPG game. I'm going to do an RPG about it once I finish it. So that means some time next year.

Weird, someone agrees with me. Thanks AnonymousSource, not very many people do that where I live. My first Rpg was DD 2nd edition, my first character died, his head was torn of by an ogre i ended up ticking off (I called him cruel and nasty names.) then the ogre proceeded to set my head on fire and play baseball with it (our DM was stoned at the time.) It was pretty wierd.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Swordsaint [/i]
[B]my first character died, his head was torn of by an ogre i ended up ticking off (I called him cruel and nasty names.) then the ogre proceeded to set my head on fire and play baseball with it (our DM was stoned at the time.) It was pretty wierd. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=violet]My husband is one screwed up Game master (DM is the same thing right?) He was really pissed at this one guy once and decided to take it out on his character. The dude's character almost got killed off, lost all his charisma and charm And had to rest for a while.
Even better, the guy was a 10th gen vampire who got his butt whopped by a goul!.
My friend's husband was even worse, he'd kill off the dude's character if the guy wasn't playing nice.
Anyone else have any good Story master/Game master stories?[/color]

My stepmom plays the ref in our current game of Cyberpunk.She has been going pretty easy on us since only her an dmy dad had ever played before.But she has told us about some refs she's had to play a game under.Some of them were really phsycotic.But most of them had played under other phsycotic refs and had some pent up rage and decided to take it out on the players.

[size=1]I used to be an absolute role-playing freak. We formed our own role-playing guild and we met once a week and played Dungeons & Dragons. (3rd edition of course, 2nd edition is stone age stuff)

We even had a 24 hour game session to celebrate our Dungeon Masters birthday. We were absolutely buggered afterwards.

But yeah, I definitely would reccomend Dungeons & Dragons to anyone interested in taking up real life role-playing. A player's handbook only costs about 40 bucks and if you get serious there are heaps more books on D&D so you can make playing even better.

Our DM (Dungeon Master) is an absolute D&D nut. Off the top of my head I think he has about 20 D&D books which all cost about $40 each. So it's about 800 bucks worth of D&D books he has.

I'm cheap I only bought a player's handbook and nothing else though.

~TUN[/size]

Our GM is pretty cool. I actually I think I'm more obsessive then he is!
I don't have many stories, more funny stuff happens amoung the acutal players.
One guy who we pick on constantly ended up with a vitality of 2...
Then our "leader," (the best lier we got, so he can think on his feet!) cockin off to some Demons, it was pretty awesome.
Oh yea, and while our GM was talking to someone else, another member of our group almost successfully started the GM's house on fire...with a candle! I swear the flame was almost touching the ceiling! (Our GM was laughing as hard/harder then we were!)
Oh yea good times, but as you can probebly understand...I NEVER voluteer to have it at my house!

[COLOR=green]I pay Sony Online Entertainment $15 a month to be my GM.

I play [URL=http://starwarsgalaxies.com]SWG[/URL] , and am part of the role-playing guild [URL=http://www.phantom-legion.net]TPL[/URL].

It's a blast, and I probably spend way too much time doing it...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AnonymousSource [/i]
[B]Our GM is pretty cool. I actually I think I'm more obsessive then he is!
I don't have many stories, more funny stuff happens amoung the acutal players.
One guy who we pick on constantly ended up with a vitality of 2...
Then our "leader," (the best lier we got, so he can think on his feet!) cockin off to some Demons, it was pretty awesome.
Oh yea, and while our GM was talking to someone else, another member of our group almost successfully started the GM's house on fire...with a candle! I swear the flame was almost touching the ceiling! (Our GM was laughing as hard/harder then we were!)
Oh yea good times, but as you can probebly understand...I NEVER voluteer to have it at my house! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=violet]And to think I worried about cheetos ground into the rug[/color]

As I mentioned before, my DM is rather phsychotic(sp?). He gets over attached to his NPC's (non player characters). He decides that he likes a certain NPC and enacts revenge on us when something happens to them. this sounds harmless enough, but I have only once gotten a character above 3rd level. to give you an idea of how attached he gets to the rong characters, here's an example:

When he was young, he watched Alien. He became attached to the wrong character; the queen alien. When she died, he cried. (he also laughed when yoda died). (he also enjoys hurting other people and is immaculately clean)

Our DM, like Pinball_Wiazard's is psychotic to a blood thirsty extreme, constant hordes of blood crazed creatures surge at our group of 7, and we have to fend them off 24-7. although our characters are high level (my coolest character, Kirin is a lv. 23 fighter, decked out with all the trimmings) but the monsters are high enough levels themselves to make things really dicey. My friend matt's character died when an ogre magi took a huge iron mace and bashed his face in, then proceded to disect him, and ceremonialy remove and eat his organs, while praying to his god for strength, in the middle of a war. like I said, bloodthirsty...

Our GM gets mean here and there, but only when we deserve it!
He does sometimes just because it would make things dramatic and more fun, but not so often that it gets old.
Well, sometimes we do stupid things, like my friend started acting like a drunken monkey, so he was pelted with arrows...but ya, stupidity is rewarded by a quick (near...if we're lucky) death

[size=1][color=darkblue]I think just about everyone RPed when they were younger. How else did you have fun? Lol.
I still RP, we sometimes form groups to RP every once in a while. I still find it fun. In any case, I love to RPG.
If you would have taken away RPing when I was little... I wouldn't have had a thing to do! We did Zelda, Mario, DBZ, Salior Moon... everything. Lol, I had a little RP group of friends I guess.... they still are my RP group. ^^;; Eh.
You can't live if you don't RP at least once in your life. Those are my thoughts on the matter.[/color][/size]

I used to do the whole ?pretend thing? when I was little, and I?ve been in a bunch of online RPGs since Easter that never made it very far.
I?ve never Rped for real but I?ll be the Storyteller (Same as Dungeon Master) for a Hunter the Reckoning game some time after break, that is of course if my lazy (rear) friends would read the stinking book(come on people I?m only making you read two chapters, I read the whole thing). Well I?m ready for them, already got my first two villains stated, Bobo the deranged zombie chimp from Hades and Mr. Teddy the giant toy possessed by the irrate soul of a little girl, hehehe.(as you can see my game won?t have a very serious tone to it.)