OtakuBoards

Someone explain this to me

REVENGE2

[size=1]Trunks tries to go to the future to warn the Z Fighters about the androids.

Cell knocks him out and travels to the future instead.

Trunks uses another machine to go to the future.

The Z Fighters, along with Trunks, fight off the androids and Cell and end up killing Cell.

Trunks travels back in time since he is now more than strong enough to defeat the androids and Cell of his time since the Cell of his time had not absorbed anyone yet.

Basically, Trunks' timeline and the Z Fighters' timeline are not connected. He traveled back in time to stop the same horror which happened in the Z Fighters' timeline from happening.

I think that is what you wanted to know ...[/size]

Well, I noticed PM made a few mistakes so let me correct him a bit on this.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][size=1]Trunks tries to go to the future to warn the Z Fighters about the androids.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
You mean Trunks goes to the past. Thus is why he's called "Future" Trunks. ^_^

[B][size=1]Cell knocks him out and travels to the future instead.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
Cell kills Future Trunks in HIS timeline and then goes to the Z Senshi past timeline to find Juunanagou and Juuhachigou.

[B][size=1]Trunks uses another machine to go to the future..[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
The other Future Trunks doesnt even know Cell exists until he finds that shell in the past when he and Gohan are looking around.

[B][size=1]The Z Fighters, along with Trunks, fight off the androids and Cell and end up killing Cell.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, you got that part right. :D

[B][size=1]Trunks travels back in time since he is now more than strong enough to defeat the androids and Cell of his time since the Cell of his time had not absorbed anyone yet[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
You mean back to the Future(no pun intended). He kills the Jinzouningens, 16 never awakens, Cell is dead, and now the only ones that exist in his timeline is him and Bulma.

Here it is basically in a nutshell. THere are 3 timelines.

Future #1: Where Trunks and Bulma are trying to save the world from the Jinzouningens. They know nothing about Cell. Juunanagou and Juuhachigou are killing everything in sight, the entire Z Senshi is dead, Goku died of heart failure, and Gohan was the last one to be killed by the Jinzouningens.

Future #2: About the same as the one above, except instead of Trunks being able to try and save the world, he is killed by Cell and has his time machine stolen, thus no one lives except for the Jinzouningens in this timeline.

Past/Current: You know the story. Trunks enters this, warns the Z Senshi, Goku takes his medication, Vegeta and Trunks gets more powerful, Piccolo and Kami merge, Gohan goes SSJ2, yada yada yada.

So there it is. Hope you understand it now.

Best way to better understand it is not only watch the series, but also go the Trunks Special. That'll tell you more about it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jinzouningen17 [/i]
[B]Future #2: About the same as the one above, except instead of Trunks being able to try and save the world, he is killed by Cell and has his time machine stolen, thus no one lives except for the Jinzouningens in this timeline. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually, I'm sure that Trunks had already somehow defeated and destroyed them in this timeline (Cell said as much). That's why Cell needed to steal Trunks's time machine and travel to the past in the first place. :cool:

You see, Trunks had already traveled to the past and trained for the battle with the Jinzouningens. But, because the Z senshi were unfamiliar with Cell in this timeline, Trunks hadn't trained to the extent he had in the third future you mentioned. He probably wasn't an ascended Saiya-jin. Which explains why Cell was able to dispose of him so easily in his incomplete form.