OtakuBoards

What should I get?

Anime_Ninja

I haven't seen either of those series, but from what I've heard (and I pretty much live at Amazon.com, so I've heard quite a lot), Neon Genesis Evangelion is probably [i]much[/i] better.

I mean, it ultimately depends on what you personally look for in a show. I'd go for NGE, but that's because I enjoy strong character development and a deep, intriguing plot. Also, its animation is probably far superior to that of Fist of the North Star (especially considering that the latter show was produced in 1984).

If it's action you're looking for, I'd buy something that was made more recently. Also, while NGE is twenty-six episodes long, FotNS has over two hundred episodes, so you'd stand a much better chance of collecting the entirety of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

~Dagger~

I never seen those shows, but I heard that they're really good. I myself use to be caught in that situation. What I believe you should do is this.

First, you'd save what you have right now. Eventually when you earn more than $22, you could buy both the anime. This month, almost every video and dvd prices are going up. The money you have now can buy you (maybe) just one dvd; it all depends on what store you go to. However, if you play your cards right in savings, the choice is yours.

You could buy one and save the rest for next time, or save what you have now and buy either one or both of them. The choice is yours; and there is no wrong decision.

Anyways, that's what I would do. Go for what you think is best. Oh yeah...."Merry Christmas!" :wave:

I've heard really good things about EVA, and altought i wasn't that fond of it, i have to admit it was intreging. I haven't watched or really heard anything about Fist of the North Star, so i really can't help you there. It really depends on your likes and interests. One person might love an anime while another hates it. It's up to your personal tastes.
As for the money situation, i would first save up as much as I could. Then if i really wanted to spend a whole lot of money, i would buy a long series, but you'd have to make sure it's good. Otherwise, go with a short series you know you can afford and finish.

My friend Ryan has seen most of Evangelion, and he compares it to a lot of other high-ranking animes like Cowboy Bebop and Trigun, so I'd save money. I've never even heard of the other anime and Dagger IX1 said that you could get the whole series of Evangelion cheaper then Fist of the North Star(which I've never even heard of by the way). Better save your money and be patient then resent it later.