Jump to content
OtakuBoards

so how's the weather?


Recommended Posts

Guest sonicdivision
Posted
I don't know what to type. I had a browse through the forum and 40% of the topics are locked. How interesting..
Posted
[font=tahoma][color=993366]Welcome to OtakuBoards, and you'll see the reason why those topics are locked is because they either a. led to no discussion or b. got off topic.

*calls mod to lock this one*[/color][/font]
Guest sonicdivision
Posted
why can't you just leave them disappear into the forum. Perhaps one day someone will have something really important to reply to, but can't because it is locked. And maybe they can't start another thread because it has lost all meaning.
Posted
[color=#707875]Well, a thread is closed because it violates the rules. Therefore, there's no need for anyone to respond.

It may seem confusing at first, sonicdivision...but I assure you, we work very hard to maintain a high post quality here. I recommend checking out the OB Information Center at the top of your page for more info.

Basically, it contains the requirements that we have for our forums; and we do require that members read it before posting.

It's a bit tricky, but hopefully you'll get the hang of it. You seem to be a pretty intelligent guy, so I hope that you get used to the place. If you'd like to start a discussion thread on a topic that has a bit more depth to it, then by all means, we encourage it. ^_^

I'd also add, just in general...Moderators should be allowed to do their jobs. All too often, a member will scold someone for breaking the rules, but that member will actually get their reasoning wrong or something. It makes rule-enforcement very difficult for staff. Not to mention the fact that posting in a spam thread is pretty spammy in itself. It's nothing specific to you, Leh, it's just a general point of concern. So let's remember it.[/color]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...