OtakuBoards

Sign characters appear in manga?

KKC

Ok, I finally got my hands of the first volume of .hack//legend of Twilight manga. I skimmed through it first (like what always do with a manga) and noticed that Sora was in a picture on one of the credits page. So, I then thought it must have just been there as a mix of the anime and the manga. So, I continue and read the manga.

So, the point is... In the last chapter/adventure of the manga, when Shugo enters the race so he "save" Rena from having to go on a date it shows shugo, in a funny chibi form looking at the river saying "Lake is more like it" (or something like that). Well, When you look at the two figures standing on either side of them they look exactly like Crim and Sora.

So, what do you think? Did the authors just put this in for the heck of things, or do crim and Sora appear during the magas along with the rest of the crew?

(I would scan picture, but my other computer is busted)

[color=midnightblue]I'm pretty sure Rei Izumi (the artist who wrote .hack//LEGEND OF TWILIGHT), who is rather playful in her art, put in random characters from SIGN and the games just because she felt it would be interesting to have them pop up out of nowhere..

Either that or she ran out of character design ideas for background characters. Heh.

Plus we have to remember the ever-magical-similar-character-designs-but-different-characters factor that is always present in .hack.. It may be the same issue as with Blackrose and Mimiru, or Tsukasa and Elk.

Personally, I didn't even notice the characters in the background, but I think it could be one of any of these three theories.
[spoiler]Oh, and Ginkan (Silver Knight) makes an appearance in the third volume of .hack//LOT, if I'm correct)[/spoiler][/color]

I never noticed that until you mentioned it. Most likely Rei Izumi just put them in there for the fun of it. Most of the characters are close to the same as in SIGN and the games, so the others are probably in there to appease their fans. Even Helba got a cameo in there. :D

Guest kirbysamurai
Yeah like in book two whenthey go to the city of illusions or something like that.... Subaru and Tsukasa looking characters are in teh crowd, and one that looks like Krim is at teh bar when oh whats her name the one that collects rare items goes to find out info from the guy....