OtakuBoards

My banner(s)

wiccansamurai

I like the way the colours work together, and you've got a good constant power behind the text colour that is very hard to achieve to my knowledge. The juxtaposition of the images is suitable, since if the embracing standing couple were on the left, it wouldn't really have the sense of progress that it does here. That's great - it's like the banner tells a story according to the text.

The one thing I'm not comfortable with is the blending of purple into blue - it isn't that smooth. I'd continue the gradient transition towards the left a little more so that it's less sharp and sudden.

Otherwise, brilliant!

You're right about the background thing. I like the colors, too. I did my best to match them with the colors on the cover of the manga.

Here's my other one. Its from an anime my little brother got me for Christmas called "Someday's Dreamers". It was pretty good. (Though watching the dubbed version confused me a little. But that's off subject.)

The main character (The one in the banner) likes dolphins, so I tried to give it a watery feel. I played with the text a lot, too.

Eeek, I hope the upload works this time...

Woo, that's very pretty! Yeah, I think the images merge really well into the background, though the features are such that they aren't lost completely, and the way the title fits in is excellent. It doesn't look overlayed, as it were, in the slightest! The white outlines of the font used for your original text also go brilliantly with the title and make it stand out.

I can't really think of anything to criticise there. Soften the text so that it fits in with the smoothness of the rest of the banner, perhaps - though I'm not sure that wouldn't kill the contrast. No - I love it as it is. It looks very professional and well thought out. Well done!

Guest Skyechild91
::jaw dropsand hits key board:: PING! Whoa, GF! That rox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, those rok! Whowhowhowho!!!!!!!!!

[color=teal]Please try to expand on this post by providing constructive criticism. Otherwise, it's spam, and doesn't help provide discussion or help the artist improve. -Syk3[/color]

I think the art style is responsible for me being absolutely repelled by your first banner. However, your second banner has nice art, and the calm blue works. The character's positioning and the "Someday's Dreamers" text is well-placed. I would recommend, though, to make the characters a little more visible. And is that white outline for the text necessary?

I couldn't figure out what to do with the text.... Well, here's a banner I did for a request. The text... well, its easy to read and stuff, but it looks a bit blocky at points. The background is the color Annie wanted it to be. The picture itself is a bit odd, as far as the woman's face goes.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wiccansamurai [/i]
[B]I couldn't figure out what to do with the text.... Well, here's a banner I did for a request. The text... well, its easy to read and stuff, but it looks a bit blocky at points. The background is the color Annie wanted it to be. The picture itself is a bit odd, as far as the woman's face goes. [/B][/QUOTE]

I really like this banner. The green color is quite calming, though I do agree that the font is blocky. Also, with the last part of the text, "what will become of us," is placed a bit awkwardly as it covers some of the guy's face, and is distracting from the image itself. I would suggest moving it lower and to the right a bit just so it doesn't take away focus from the beautiful image. I hope that helps >.<

~Haruno Sakura

Wow! These are good! You should keep practicing until you have some better than the ones above, that is, if that's possible. Meaning that these are so good, I'm wondering if you could even try to improve. At least they aren't half naked anime girls...

Yay! Another banner. My photoshop was down for a little while... ^_^;; Well, anyway, I watched way too much Sailor Moon and I realized: I love all of Black Lady's angst. I mean, it was just so... teenage-ish. Maybe all teens are brainwashed....?

[IMG]http://myimages.fourvalve.com/miakasetsuna/wlbanner.jpg[/IMG]

Er, I wonder if I shouldn't make banners when I'm half asleep... I think I'm going to make a Prince Diamond one after this. Is there a cooler villain than him? I think not! ^_^;; Well, he's not a half naked anime girl, so its all good!