OtakuBoards

Miroku (from Inuyasha) Banner

Zephyr

I finally found the time to complete me fourth banner. This time it has absolutely nothing to do with .Hack//SIGN.

I chose Miroku as the subject simply because of his amusing behavior, and the jokes which follow it. This banner turned out better then the last ones (IMO), but the center picture is not as good as I wanted it. It was too grainy to begin with, and blurring it a little did not help.

So, any comments, complaints, or suggestions from the peanut gallery?

[size=1][color=chocolate]Here are my thoughts.

All right, I see how the middle picture is blurry, and Sango's pic is a little fuzzy too. The fonts work too, but I think the background for the banner is too dark for some reason. If it was a more lighter color, I think people would see more of the humor in the banner.
But it is good, it's funny too. Good work.[/size][/color]

Ok, first question: What program are you using? If you're using one of the better programs like Photoshop and Paintshop Pro, sorry but that banner looks like it was created in MS Paint. Miroku looks like the top of his head wasn't smoothly cut when you cropped him and so does the middle picture if you look towards the bottom. Also, the font doesn't really go with the banner and your font color sort of blends with the backround in some places. But good banner, very funny!

8/10

~Kieko

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Inuluvr1 [/i]
[B][size=1][color=chocolate]Here are my thoughts.

All right, I see how the middle picture is blurry, and Sango's pic is a little fuzzy too. The fonts work too, but I think the background for the banner is too dark for some reason. If it was a more lighter color, I think people would see more of the humor in the banner.
But it is good, it's funny too. Good work.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmm, you are right. The Sango pic is blurry. I must have hit blur when I was adjusting it and not noticed. I know why the background is so dark, I forgot to compensate for the fact that this site darkens pictures when they are attached.

[quote][b]
Ok, first question: What program are you using? If you're using one of the better programs like Photoshop and Paintshop Pro, sorry but that banner looks like it was created in MS Paint. Miroku looks like the top of his head wasn't smoothly cut when you cropped him and so does the middle picture if you look towards the bottom. Also, the font doesn't really go with the banner and your font color sort of blends with the backround in some places. But good banner, very funny!

8/10

~Kieko[/b][/quote]

I am using Photoshop 5, the poor look comes from the fact that I am still not very good with the program. The Miroku picture may look that way because I tried to erase the images around it, and may not have done a good job (then again, the pic may have been strange to begin with). Fonts are not my specialty, so I chose the best look I could.

Blasphemy! You are going the way of the Senny!

Anyway, I think you are getting better, and shouldn't be discouraged that there's tons of room for improvement. Keep experimenting with PS and you'll do fine. Always experiment with effects and tools and think to yourself, "What can I do with this?" I still find most of the PS stuff useless, so I'm still learning. :D

Besides that, I have a different problem with the pictures: they are too small. I don't even get the quote, haha. Also, why is the middle picture half-cut?