OtakuBoards

Angelic Layer

Kanariya

[size=1][color=chocolate]I have just seen an anime, Episodes 1 and 2 of Angelic Layer. I enjoy this show a lot.

I enjoy it because it doesn't have bad animation, and the show seems interesting. Although I think the show will end up as Pokemon; the main character will win..and win...and win...and win...you get my point?

Anyway, to those who are watching the series, or watched (not sure if it is done or not), what are your opinions about the show?[/size][/color]

I've read(and own) all the manga and believe me it isn't like Pokemon. Why if the anime is anything like the manga(and from the episode I've seen It prettymuch is identical) then [spoiler]the first and last match the main character plays in the tournment she will lose.[/spoiler]. Of course that's only if allt he episodes are like the manga not just the first one. I think I'll stick to the manga though. Icchan's english voice freaks me out....but did anybody notice that it would seem some of the background art is done by CLAMP, the creators? Maybe it's just my imagination playing tricks on me....

From what I've seen, this anime is pretty cool. It has a good storyline...somewhat....the Pokemon idea. Just like Inuluvr said. It is pretty cool. The songs are alright. It is a pretty awesome anime, but in my mind, it is not the best I've seen.

[size=1][color=chocolate]Heh, I do agree with Chichiri's girl on Icchan's dubbed voice though, it is #2 on the most annoying dubbed voices, next to Kagome.

And what I mean by it'll end up like Pokemon is that the main character (like Ash) will keep winning. But after readinh Chichiri's spoiler, I have no idea. Of course that's the manga idea; who knows.
I just put the Pokemon statement because it seemed that SuzakuGrl took it in a different direction.[/size][/color]

I've both read the manga and seen the series, and [spoiler]they screw up the ending in the anime! Hikaru strangly defeats Athena with her own attack. Thats just strange...[/spoiler] Also, I feel that the anime gets drawn out around the middle. Other than that, it's a good series.

[size=1] I've seen the first three episodes of Angelic Layer, and I think it's great. ^_^. The animation is smooth, and I don't think it shares that much ground with Pokemon. In Angelic Layer, the similarities with Pokemon are simple, but then it also has its differences. For example, the 'dolls' are just toys and people have to perfect their thinking skills and timing [from what I've seen] with their dolls on the practice tables and arenas.

But anyways, I have a feeling that Icchan [i]will[/i] keep on winning since she's going into a tournament that will probably end up with her in the top ranks or something. It's just my opinion, though. Overall, I enjoy the anime enough to keep on watching it whenever the next episode comes available. *shrugs*[/size]