OtakuBoards

Mech Warrior Redux

Shikaku Kitoku

[color=sienna]The advent of faster-than-light travel in 2108 allowed makind to quickly colonize hundreds of new solar systems. This populated region would eventually span more than a thousand light-years in diameter and would become known as the Inner Sphere.

In 2271, the Treaty of Marik was signed, signaling the formation of the Free Worlds League: the first of the Great Houses that would each ultimately control hundreds of worlds. Within a century four other powerful planetary alliances declared independence from Terra and the Terran Hegemony government; these states would become the star empires known as the Draconis Combine, Federated Suns, Capellan Confederation, and Lyran Commonwealth.

As the human race spread, however, they carried with them their desire for conflict. Petty brushfire wars raged throughout the Inner Sphere for centuries.

In 2571, humanity earned a respite from this tide of conflict. The Star League was formed and ushered in a golden age. For 200 years, the Star League gave its citizens peace and prosperity. Although it could not completely quell the seemingly essential human need for violence, it kept the disputes between member-states under firm control.

In 2766, Stefan Amaris of the Rim Worlds Republic launched a coup and declared himself First Lord of the Star League. General Aleksandr Kerensky, commander of the Star League Defense Forces (SLDF), launched a 13-year war to unseat the usurper. Although he succeeded, the rulers of the Great Houses could not agree on a new leader and dissolved the Star League High Council in 2781. Rather than see his beloved Star League crumble, Kerensky departed known space in 2784, taking with him 80 percent of the SLDF in an even later known as the Exodus, an apparent attempt to salvage the spirits of the Star League.

By 2787, each House Lord declared himself the "rightful" First Lord, as the Great Houses savagely attacked one another in the first of the Succession Wars. These conflicts would last for 200 years.

During three successive Succession Wars that ground humanity down and resulted in the net loss of many technologies, no significant territory was won or lost by any single House, leaving the borders relatively unchanged through two centuries of conflict.

In 3028, however, the marriage of First Prince Hanse Davion of the Federated Suns to Archon-Designate Mellissa Steiner of the Lyran Commonwealth unified the two largest states in the Inner Sphere. The newborn Federated Commonwealth immediately launched the Fourth Succession War, conquering more worlds in two years than in all the wars of the previous two centuries.

It is now 3050. You are one of the descendants of Kerensky's SLDF troops. You have advanced technology, stronger 'Mechs, and you have been raised for battle. You must take out the Federated commonwealth, Free Rasalhague Republic, and the Draconis Combine. When you do you will be able to get a firm grip on the Inner sphere, so that you may restore the Star League and return the honor to your ancestors name.[/color]

--------------------------------------------------------

You can choose from these options:

[color=crimson][B]Draconis Combine:[/B] This faction is on that is based on greed. They thrive on the pain of others, and will do anything to fulfill their ambition. They specialize in heavy Assault 'Mechs. The faction is currently said to be headed by Robert Clementrisk, although their is a rumor that a female is really the head of the Draconis Combine.[/color]

[color=indigo][B]Free Rasalhague Republic:[/B] Devious and sneaky don't even begin to describe the Free rasalhague Republic. Nothing is too low for them to do to meet their goals. They specialize in 'Mechs able to use the Heavy Autocannon. The faction is headed by Erik Rasalhague IV.[/color]

[color=teal][B]Federated Commonwealth:[/B] Founded by Hanse Davion and Melissa Steiner, this faction is a major powerhouse. With innumerable 'Mechs and tons of resources, thanks to the combination of house Steiner and House Davion, they seem to be invincible. The Commonwealth is head by Prince Victor Davion-Steiner and Katrina Melissa Steiner. The two are brother and sister, and they hate eah toher with a passion. Use that to your advantage.[/color]

[color=sea green][B]Destinys March:[/B] This mercenary group hires itself to the highest bidder. Whether it be convoy-guarding or assassination, Destinys March are the people you contact if you want it done proficiently. With almost as much power as the Federated Commonwealth, they aren't to be taken lightly. They are currently being led by a Lieutenant Denise Cassandra Diaz.[/color]

[color=orange][B]Clan:[/B] The descendants of Kerensky's SLDF, they are born fighters. Living, and being raised, in a warrior society has made them among the best pilots ever known. With advanced technology and elite pilots, they are going to be a hard force to reckon with. The Clan is led by General Westan Kerensky.[/color]

--------------------------------------------------------

Here's what the sign-up sheet looks like.

[B]Name:[/B] (self explanitory)
[B]Age:[/B] (duh)
[B]Rank:[/B] ([color=green]Green[/color], [color= burly wood]Regular[/color], [color=red]Veteran[/color], [color=royal blue]Elite[/color], or [B]Ace[/B])
[B]Affiliation:[/B] ([color=teal]Federated Commonwealth[/color], [color=crimson]Draconis Combine[/color], [color=indigo]Free Rasalhague Republic[/color], [color=sea green]Destinys March[/color], or the color=orange]Clan[/color] only)
[B]Mech:[/B] (Are you a mech pilot? Yes or no? If not, you have to be a tactial officer)
[B]Physical Description:[/B] (hmm..that's self explanitory)
[B]Bio:[/B] (3 paragraph minimum please. That isn't all that much)

[color=gray][B]MECH STATISTICS-

Mech Name:
Weight:
Class:
Armor:
Speed:
Jump:
Weapons:[/B][/color]

[color=purple]I will be posting my sign-up sheet, and the list of 'Mechs and weapons as soon as I see that a couple of people are interested in this. I also have any other info that you may need for this RPG, so if you have any questions PM me or contact me on AIM, my screen name is [B][I]rizzo4lyfe[/B][/I].[/color]