OtakuBoards

House of Sand and Fog

Sui Generis

[COLOR=indigo]No doubt with the spectacles of movies such as Peter Pan, the Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Master and Commander, and the Last Samurai there have been some movies that ultimately deserve the same glory but have yet to be given it.

I'd have to say House of Sand and Fog would be one of those films. Virtually un-known right now it has to be one of the most beautiful and emotional movies I have seen in quite some time.

Now just to start off I'd like to say two things. First off, this isn't an uplifting movie, don't go to it expecting to feel good about yourself afterwards. Second off, this isn't an action movie really. You can't go in it expecting things to blow up and guns to be flaring. The small violence that is in this movie plays such a profound impact and realization in this movie that it would be an un-justice to even think about labeling this action.

OK so another thing. If you are an action movie kinda guy you won't like this movie. Right off the bat, I'm going to tell you that. So really don't waste your time on this movie if you crave something more of Die Hard.

This movie is rather long movie with the plot being the center-fold of this movie. The characterization and filming style in this movie is awesome. Thats what made the movie for me.

Well I didn't see this thread anywhere and I figured that this movie deserves a spot right next to Lord of the Rings.

Has anyone else here seen this movie or even heard about it? If so what are your thoughts on it?[/COLOR]