Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Okay, so I tried making my own banner...I'm not sure how good it is, I'm kind of new to the banner thing. Please tell me what you think!

(I'm not sure how to do attachments, so sorry if I don't get it right! ^_^)
Posted
This is one of your first banners? Nice work!

I like the stock image's sepia tones; its dark, subdued palette makes it seem as though Tsukasa is brooding and lends a lovely sense of melancholy to the banner as a whole. The dark, faded background text is a nice addition.

However, I do recommend that you clean up Tsukasa's face (for example, don't let the little .hack//SIGNs show through his skin and hair). The picture quality isn't fantastic--which is probably due to the fact that you saved your banner as a GIF--but in this case, the graininess doesn't look too bad. It fits in well with the overall themes of darkness and uncertainty.

As for the single bright ".hack//SIGN," I would enlarge it greatly and make it a different color (like ivory or soft brown). Its current greenish-white clashes with the banner's color scheme.

Overall, great job. I look forward to seeing more of your banners in the future. ^_^

~Dagger~
Posted
[size=1]We are no longer the knights who say "nee", we are now the knights who say "Ecky ecky ecky watang whoompa".
Boring. I hate seeing all these banners shaded with black, why cant people use lighter colors light gray or white. Doesnt seem to me you put to much effort into this banner. Maybe you should try again and add some color.

Yes yes the face needs to be cleaned up too.[/size]
Posted
I redid it. I think it looks alot better now.

ummm...how do you attach something to a regular post? o_o

edit:
Nevermind, I just attached it to the first post. ^_^ Is the new one any better?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...