Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=green]Ok, i haven't posted anything in awhile since i have been so busy with the holidays. This is going to be the first banner i posted in almost a month so enjoy! Be as open as you want , i want to hear the truth ^^[/COLOR]
Posted
OMG! I actually know how to make that effect! But it never looks good when I do it... -_-

I really like this banner, even if that front picture is overused by now (although it is one of Kakashi's greatest moments). I think the stock picture (the front) could look a little better, but since you do seem to be getting better yourself, I don't think it'll be a problem in the future. Maybe using a bluish shade to fit with the rest of the banner instead of B&W would breathe more life into that front pic.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I don't like the font all too much because of the jaggies at the curved parts.
Posted
Ooh. Excellent piece here. I think the white outer glow on the text could be reduced a bit- it seems a little bit too much. Reduce intensity and blur on it somewhat. I think the screenshot or picture used on the left could be slightly better. It seems a bit blurred. The background image, and effect used on the background is... astounding. Amazing. Mind-blowing. I love it. It just looks so damn good. I am blown away. This is probably one of the best banners that I have ever seen you produce. Congratulations on this masterpiece.

Aesthetics: 9/10
Technical: 8.5/10
Posted
[FONT=century gothic][COLOR=orange]Hey you! Haven't been here in forever, have you? LOL. It's nice to see you come back with such a great piece. I absolutly love the background! That effect is great. What is it called? Whatever it is it adds so much to the piece as a whole.

The whiteness around the text could stand to be reduced. It draws your attention immediatly to it, and I don't think it is really all that important.

The picture to the left is good as well. Just one problem. His hair above his right shoulder looks like it still has the original background behind it. I see blue. So just fix that and it will pretty much be flawless. Also you may want to fix the tiny problem that he is slightly blurred.

I must say that this is by far one of your best. Lovely work. I hope you will post more of your excellence. ~_^
[/FONT][/color]
Posted
Oh thanks, i meant to get that spot but i guess i missed it. Now on this one i sharpened the image, got rid of the background on the foreground picture, and msade the glow from the text a little less bright.
Posted
Much better. I must say this one is probably perfect. It looks like the bottom of the forground picture has a bit of a glow on it. It may just be me. But this one is everything good I said on the one before....Stupendous....Awesome...Great....Lovely....pick one. ^__^
Posted
[color=darkblue]

And who told you where to find textures and effects like that again ;)? Lol, very nice Evolved_Dragon. Your getting [b]much[/b] better with the fonts. So great job with that :D.
And the picture's use used are very high quality which is also really nice^^. It was really well done, like all your other banners :).
But I do have one suggestion for all your banner's in general. They seem a bit repetitive, with a foreground pic, and some sort of grid in the background.
Try thinking...[i]outside[/i] the box. Maybe...some airbrush effects? Or an animation? Because using even a little animation will probably make it more attractive, not that it already is though.

Great job once again, and I really hope to see more :)
[/color]
Posted
here is an unfinished banner ii'm working on.. I'm very stumped on what to do with this sasuke banner, does anyone have a good idea?
Posted
That banner is great the way it is, Evolved_Dragon. My only suggestion would be to breathe more color into the Sasuke picture. I also think that's not one of Sasuke's best pictures either (he looks really weird). If you decide to change the pic or keep it, make sure it has a little more color it in. Seems too dull next to the background as it is now.
Posted
I think it looked better when Sasuke was grey. However, tone down the background a bit on it. Dull it somewhat. Also, I don't particularly like the font. Go for one or two sizes larger- it is too hard to read.

Also, the top black line is thinner than the other two. If this is intended then make it thinner even. As it is it just looks like an accident. If it is an accident- fix it.

Overall, not too bad here.

Grey-Sasuke

Aesthetics: 8/10 [6.5 for Orange-Sasuke]
Technical: 7/10
Posted
I really like this gaara banner! It's a little dark, but then again, he is a shady sort of character, so that works well for Naruto fans who know who he is. The only thing that I really want to point out though is that the font makes it look like it says "Gaaaa" instead of "Gaara," but other than that, good job!

~haruno_sakura
Posted
*glomps Justin* I am in LOVE with this banner! The image you picked from episode 32 is awesome, and the text matches perfectly with the look on Sakura's face. I also really like the image of Inner Sakura in the background, as that's an essential part to her personality, and gives a visual description of what's really going on in her head. The cropping is also excellent! Well done!

~haruno_sakura
Posted
[color=336666]
Wow these are all very good. You have a nack for making banners! ^^' They remind me of good ol' Nomad's banners. I wonder where he went off to anyways. Your latest banner.. I'd rate it a 7/10. Just because I don't like the colours. :/ But the first banner you posted is sweet.. like totally sweet!

-Lrb[/color]
Posted
Once again, Kudos! It's great to see a lot of Naruto banners! Anyway, it's just slightly too dark, but I do like the red theme you do have going on, especially since it matches the red of his sharingan. Uhm, you may want to add some text to it and place it somewhere on the bottom right because it feels like there's something missing there. It's still excellent!

~haruno_sakura
Guest MetalSonic700
Posted
Evoved D, your banners have NEVER ceased to amaze me. Wonderfull, all of them.The Kakashi ones with the cool pictures, the Sasuke ones and their darkness, and the Sakura ones with their spunk. The Gaara is cool too, but there is no Zabuza of Haku, their the COOLEST!

[color=teal]Upload removed. I'm not sure why you attached something in the first place, and random uploads are against the rules. o.o -Syk3[/color]
Posted
[color=darkblue]
[size=1]
Very nice. I'll comment on your latest Sasuke banner-

Very nice, the grids are a [i]strange[/i] color though...lol, which makes it look a little weird. Otherwise, its very well done. Very nice and clean cropping, and good use of pics.

8/10.

Good job, and keep em commin,

[/color]
[/size]
Posted
[color=336666]
That one is.. good. But I don't really like it that much. Mainly because I don't like the background. The picture is funny. I'm guessing the banner is too because of the font.

I give it..
[u][b]Banner/Evolved_Dragon/next hokage copy[/u][/b]
[b]Rating:[/b] 7/10

It was good!
-Lrb[/color]
Posted
What's this? Another Naruto banner? Well, sorry for changing my name again but i wanted something Naruto related ^^ and now team 7 is complete! This banner is of naruto himself, Enjoy ^_~
Posted
Eh this last banner of yours is really out of sinc and really wack in a not so good way =|. The yellows and green really aren't matching Naruto at all =\, not to mention the background is also very plain so the grid stands out too much and looks fugly in the shade of gay (is it?) that it is =O. Try fading the grid out some =O. Hmmm...i'm not a big fan of either of the stock images either and the typo definatly needs work as once again it does not match the rest of the sig at all.

1/10 on this last banner.

*border is nice ^_^''*
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hittokiri Zero [/i]
[B]Eh this last banner of yours is really out of sinc and really wack in a not so good way =|. The yellows and green really aren't matching Naruto at all =\, not to mention the background is also very plain so the grid stands out too much and looks fugly in the shade of gay (is it?) that it is =O. Try fading the grid out some =O. Hmmm...i'm not a big fan of either of the stock images either and the typo definatly needs work as once again it does not match the rest of the sig at all.

1/10 on this last banner.

*border is nice ^_^''* [/B][/QUOTE]

I do feel that the stock image does not match with the rest of the banner but is my banner so bad that it deserves a 1/10? This was supposed to be a funny banner and i thought the yellow really helped.Why are you so harsh at times Hittokiri?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...