OtakuBoards

-==The Silmarillion==-

Drix D'Zanth

[COLOR=royalblue]*blushes and goes off to take a shower* Let's pretend that never happened... ..lesson learned, my head hurts.
~~~~~~~~~~
[i]As the army and its perspective warriors left the battle field, Ranforne tilted her head to one side and felt the haft of her staff. The gauntlet slithered over her skin and left her arm, snaking around her neck once more. It glowed gold briefly, then fadded down once more into a simple collar.

She sighed and looked ahead. The orcs had fled, their scent was rappidly leaving, but apparently, something would remain. The men were afraid. Not blinding panic, but a slight nagging fear in the back of their minds, the kind that could spiral out of control if given enough time to ferment. Ranforne hissed between her teeth and lit her staff's point ever so slightly.

C'tar glanced her way, then frowned. While she wasn't drawing heightened attention to herself, the light was still as bright as a distant star. He made his way over through the marching lines.[/i]

"Are you searching for more trouble?"

".....do you want your men to stumble in the dark?"

"There are stars shinning."

"And until we draw nearer to the fortress of Thingol, and the stars burn bright blue, I do not think it will be wise to be led on by burning flame alone."

[i]He sighed. Of all the Istari that walked the land, the Drisven one could be the most stubborn and unmoving. Then again, she let the light fade a touch, and held it diagonal acrost her chest. He was about to question, when he felt a prickle on the back of his neck and saw a small sign appear where her fist grasped the cherrywood staff. A pentacle, a dark sign, one that most saw as a sign of fear and witchcraft, forming around her hand. Beleg glanced in her direction, but she appeared to not notice, the light dim, her hair resting at her shoulders, and a slow glimmer to her golden eyes. Her robes swished as she walked, and the pentacle faded within minutes.

C'tar looked unnerved.[/i]

"What was the meaning of that?"

"A sensing device. I was able to search over the path, and the killing field behind us. The bodies of the orcs and the shell of the balrog are fading swiftly."

".....a pentacle, a sign of the darkness."

"That is a lie. Fabricated by those who would wish to give the Eru a bad name. Light and dark can not exist within the same coil. And Thingol has watched me do such things before....... ...and sanctioned my use of it."

"It is still unwise to flaunt such a gift before the men."

"Did any of them notice it besides yourself and Beleg?"[/COLOR]

Indeed, C'tar and his father were the only ones to have seen what had just occured, though he could not explain it. The other Sindarin warriors seemed to tread along ignorantly. Perhaps, C'tar thought, that Ranforne did not require his help at the bridge. He had clearly underestimated and he could only guess at the remaining powers she had hidden. You could never tell the true power of an Istari until it was too late...

As the remaining elves and humans made their way to the Great Hall of Menegroth, C'tar immedietely made his way to his quarters, for he did not finish his sleep before the battle and was weary of it. For the remainder of the night, he had an unsettling sleep, for he dreamt of war and death and the encroaching shadow of Morgoth's hand...

Isen`Tar and Grojek rode on their way back to Angband, the army of orcs dead. Now that they were out of range of the foul full elves, Isen spoke to Grojek.

?Who was that??

?C`tar.?

?He?s an elf, then??

?Were you paying any attention at all??

?Not really, I was dumbfounded by how the rules of the world do not apply to him.?

?What do you mean??

?Well, the fog summons and the orcs should have been able to kill ONE of them, don?t you think??

?It did seem a bit odd.?

?Oh well, we?ll soon have reparation.?

?Have something planned, Isen??

?Of course I do. I plan and scheme every 38 seconds.?

?Shut up and ride.?

Isen whipped the reins of the Elven steed, speeding the duo back to Angband and a certainly angry Sauron.

---=={|}==---

?WHERE IS MY ARMY??

?Destroyed.?

?BY WHO??

?One man and a few rangers did this.?

?THE WHOLE ARMY??

?Yes, my lord.?

?DID YOU NOT SUMMON FOG TO AIDE??

?Oh, I did? but it didn?t seem to matter. It was if the rules of the world changed for this one man??

?THEN WE SHALL PLAY BY UNORTHODOX RULES. ISEN`TAR, LEAD FORTH A LEGION OF THE DAMNED INTO BATTLE AGAINST THEM.?

?My lord, if I may make a special request to solidify the death of this man and the enemy forces??

?SPEAK QUICKLY. I TIRE OF YOU.?

?I would like the first mage remnant and a special creature??

?I THINK I KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE IN MIND. YES? THAT WILL BE SURE TO CRUSH THE FOOLS. IT IS DONE. DO NOT LET ME DOWN THIS TIME, HALF-ELF.?

?Yes, my lord.?

Isen`Tar walked away from Sauron, a grin of half evil, half joy on his face. Grojek walked up next to Sauron, his commander. He built off of Isen`Tar?s request. Grojek again left the presence of his lord and rejoined Isen`Tar.

?Grojek? I believe this time; we will show these Elvish fools the true meaning of pain. And display in full the power of Sauron.?

?Yes, Isen`Tar, I do agree.?

The two of them shared a laugh, the two lieutenants of Sauron heading off to various ends of Angband to prepare their segments into a battle ready formation.

---=={|}==---

Isen walked along a line of the mages who swore alliance to Sauron.

?You, the fallen mages, who do you serve??

?SAURON, MASTER!?

?Excellent. Now, pay attention. I will teach you the most valuable spell you will need to serve your lord.?

Isen began handing out Fogsummons staffs, similar to the one he used. Combined with the talents of the fallen mages, they would be able to summon great storms of fog in short periods of time, allowing Isen`Tar to create some of the more grand creatures of the mist.

Meanwhile, off in the opposite side of Angband, Grojek was training his new army of Orcs. They were coming along quickly, having been trained for battle previously to this moment. It wouldn?t be long before the two parts of the new grand army of Sauron merged. Soon, the shadow of Angband would stretch far and wide, leaving few in its wake.

• 3 weeks later...
"What do you do when you are attacked near your head?" Grojek demanded of his troops.

"Stab the man or elf and bite him!" growled one of the orcs. There was a chorus of agreement.

"Wrong!" bellowed Grojek, and swiftly decapitated the orc. "That is what will happen if you don't defend yourself. Death! And no man flesh, besides!"

The orcs nodded in agreement; Grojek had a way of getting points through to the orcs. The swift demonstration and threat of no man flesh got their attention. He hefted his shield in his hand. "What is this for?" he asked loudly.

"For stabbing the enemies." came one reply, quietly, cautiously.

"Right," affirmed Grojek. "But what else?"

"For eating off of when the ground isn't dirty enough." cackled a scrawny-looking orc.

Grojek shifted his shield and then hurled it towards the orc. It cut clean through the weak armor and came out of the orc's back. The orc folded in half, his forehead knocking into his ankles. The body fell to the ground. Grojek walked over and roughly tore it from the corpse.

Another part of his training had begun to show. No longer did the orcs ravenously feed on the dead or injured. Instead, Grojek had trained them to wait, to wait until the battle was over; to not let their guard down at the scent of blood.

"You use your shield to defend yourself!" he declared. He pointed at an orc standing bye, armed with a crude trident. "You, attack me!" he ordered.

"Not me, Grojek, Commander." he shook his head. "I'm not fighting you."

Fffffftt! An arrow flew through the air and struck the orc straight between the eyes. He collapsed. An orc archer had shot at the raising of Grojek's hand, and the connection was obvious. There was an angry murmur from the orcs. He had just killed three of them in under five minutes. Their earlier training had involved much of these demonstrations. Every orc dead served to remind the ones living of the price of failure. The orcs did not like to see others of their kind die, especially when they could not eat them on the spot.

?The price of disobedience.? Grojek snarled.

Several orcs stepped forward, eyes narrowed and weapons in hand. They sneered at Grojek and hissed at him. Without warning, one of them hurled a spear at Grojek, who disdainfully brushed it aside with his shield, which he had had reinforced since his arrival in Angband. Three of them rushed him at once, wielding a club, a sword, and an axe, respectively. He held up his shield, the sharpened prongs acting like levers, and twisted the weapons from all of their hands. Then he stabbed them each shallowly in the leg with his sword, spun, and roughly kicked them in the dirt.

Slowly, he walked to each one and, as they were writhing about, slowly inserted his sword just next their spines. The first two stopped moving instantly, their heads lolling to one side, paralyzed. The third twitched as his sword went in and was instantly killed. Grojek leaned over and began to carve slabs of flesh from the three insubordinates. He tossed them into the crowd of assembled orcs.

"Who do you serve?" he bellowed.

"Sauron, Master!"

"By whose will do you continue to live?"

"Grojek, Commander!"

"And who do we kill?"

"Men, elves, and dwarves!"

"And finally, who's hungry?!" he roared. The orcs rushed to the corpses he had so generously provided through the demonstrations.

EDIT: Had a few inconsistant parts and spelling mistakes.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][i]Ranforne took to her quarters and swiftly shed her white clothing. Spidersilk, light and warm, but still a bother. She set down everything on her person including her choker, earrings, and simple signet ring. Then she laid everything inside her tunic and folded it up into a five pointed star. Then her staff was placed directly over everything and locked with her warding spell. Her fists met five times in different positions, then everything sealed itself up with a transluscent shield.[/i]

"Dom, Nhute, Sein, Okct, Vai, Nray."

[i]The safest way to keep your belongings free from meddling creatures and various mortals. The Garden sorceress curled up in a ball, her legs pressed against her forehead, her arms wrapped around her thighs, entire body curving inward to resemble a nautilus shell. Then she closed her eyes and hummed to herself, swaying ever so slightly. Like the wind blowing through the trees, she dipped and swayed, and then fell still.[/i]

".......tears falling down again,
You fall and plead,
Beg from your knees,
To be another,
From self-hatred,
Failure and pain,
Drown in your imperfections,
Despair and go down...to Morgorth,
And stay there for now."

[i]A shiver went down her spine and instantly she broke off her song.[/i][/COLOR]