Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hehe, couldn't resist. Not Completely [i]Random[/i] Hero for nothing. Moving on then.

Adam I'v been using your quiz generator, but it only gets as far as Step 6. I had everything worked out, and was expecting a good quiz, with better standard than Quizilla, and it won't go anywhere. I keep clicking the 'Proceed' button and it stays on the same screen. Umm... any help?
Posted
Very strange error you're getting...Can you email me at my velegant address: Adam at Velegant.com taking me step-by-step through what you typed in? I need to replicate the error, since we've tested this pretty hard and haven't had any problems.

Has anyone else had any problems?

Thanks,

-Adam
Posted
[COLOR=green]I have had the same problem. Much time was wasted. The first time I tried I got to step five, then it wouldn't proceed. The second time I got to step six and the same thing happened.

Just wouldn't proceed...[/COLOR]
Posted
Yeah, we figured out what was wrong, very long quizzes don't get past step 6 because the variables are transmitted through the URL.

Maximus, who did the generator, said it'd take him a minute to fix by transmitting variables through a different method. A programmers' minute though often takes a few days though :-P.
Posted
I don't know if I did something wrong or not.. but I did a short quiz. Just mucking around to see how it went.

I got through all of the steps, but when I went to 'Test Quiz' and when I copied the HTML into Frontpage, I only ended up with two buttons. 'Finish' and 'Reset'. Nothing else. Is there perhaps a bit of coding missing from the final part? Or is there something else I was supposed to do?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Adam [/i]
[B]Yeah, we figured out what was wrong, very long quizzes don't get past step 6 because the variables are transmitted through the URL.

Maximus, who did the generator, said it'd take him a minute to fix by transmitting variables through a different method. A programmers' minute though often takes a few days though :-P. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=green]Argh!

That's exactly my problem. I had a twenty question quiz with ten outcomes; needless to say it didn't work.

I tried it again with ten questions, no difference.

I finally did a test quiz with two outcomes and two questions. it worked.

*Waits till the weekend to try again*[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...