Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]I read the manga about a year ago and I really didn't enjoy it all that much. It seemed like it was more into fan service than actually developing a storyline that could be followed. It was inconsistant and jumped around constantly. I didn't understand it very much and therefore I didn't really get into it or like it.[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=darkblue]In my definition, "fan service" is pretty much appealing shots of the girls of the story (i.e. bust shots, panty shots, girls in bikinis, etc. which RBHS does have a lot of).

Overall, I just watched Real Bout for Shizuma and all the predicaments he got himself into with that attitude and that mouth of his, lol.

It was essentially a story about [/color] [spoiler]the crush Ryoko had on Takamura-senpai (I don't even remember if that's his name, lol) and how she dealt with the fact he was in love with his childhood friend.[/spoiler] [color=darkblue]All the things inbetween are pretty much filler, including [/color] [spoiler]the whole Schwartzkaiser thing.[/spoiler]

[color=darkblue]The only thing really appealing about the series is some of the attack art and such, and the Special End Corner on the DVD. Though Magical Waitress Oyster Lulu was pretty funny.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vengenceuk [/i]
[B]what is fan service [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I'm glad your question was answered, but that post was complete spam and is being deleted. Please put more effort into your posts next time.[/color][/size]
Guest Aunty Mae
Posted
You old cook, that never happened to you, the most of this "fanservice" you've ever gotten was when Suzy lifted up her pant leg to see if she had cut herself hopping over Tom's fence.

Whatever happened to that boy?
Guest Aston T. Davis
Posted
Oh, Tom? *sigh* It's a sad story...

He was drafted during World War 2, and was stationed at...Pearl Harbor. Unfortunately, he was one of the many attack victims destroyed by the damned Japanese on that infamous day. FDR could not be soothe my heart after I heard of this ordeal.

I still say to damn those good-for-nothing Japs.
Guest phantasyphan
Posted
I haven't seen the anime, but I have read some of the first manga, and it looked pretty cool, but where/how did you guys see the anime?
Posted
[color=darkblue]The way I saw the animé was through my local library system. They had all four volumes of the DVD in thier catalog, so I simply checked them out (once they became available, lol). I also got the first volume of the manga from there. If your library carries DVDs or orders graphic novels (the latter is almost surefire), you can check to see if they have them in.[/color]
Posted
Another RBHS thread? Ok...thats cool.

Like I said in the previous thread, I enjoyed the Real Bout manga much more than the anime, even though I bought the entire series.

In my opinion, the manga had a much more enjoyable storyline, along with many more great characters (Taiho, G, and the Shinsengumi) and fight scenes.

The bad thing about the anime is that they turned a good martial arts story into one of those magical girl shows, and had Ryoko fighting dragons and giant crabs.
That was just plain silly.

But all in all the anime is pretty good, and has some good animation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...