OtakuBoards

HE HE....Forte......

Wild Freedom

Yea you wanna know what it means? It means THIS!

for·te1 (fôrt, fôrt, frt)
n.
Something in which a person excels.
The strong part of a sword blade, between the middle and the hilt.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[French fort, from Old French, strong, from Latin fortis. See fort.]
Synonyms: forte, 1métier, specialty, thing
These nouns denote something at which a person is particularly skilled: Writing fiction is her forte. The theater is his métier. The professor's specialty was the study of ancient languages. Mountain climbing is really my thing.
Usage Note: The word forte, coming from French fort, should properly be pronounced with one syllable, like the English word fort. Common usage, however, prefers the two-syllable pronunciation, (fôrt), which has been influenced possibly by the music term forte borrowed from Italian. In a recent survey a strong majority of the Usage Panel, 74 percent, preferred the two-syllable pronunciation. The result is a delicate situation; speakers who are aware of the origin of the word may wish to continue to pronounce it as one syllable but at an increasing risk of puzzling their listeners.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
for·te2 (fôrt) Music
adv. & adj. Abbr. f
In a loud, forceful manner. Used chiefly as a direction.

n.
A note, passage, or chord played forte.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Italian, strong, forte, from Latin fortis. See bhergh-2 in Indo-European Roots.]

Heh there

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forte [/i]
[B]
see

It was an example....Im just tellin him [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Yes, it was a good example Forte :)

Though I advise you [i]not[/i] to swear (or cuss, as non-Michiganders say) since it [i]is[/i] a forum rule :D [/color]

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]Yes, it was a good example Forte :)

Though I advise you [i]not[/i] to swear (or cuss, as non-Michiganders say) since it [i]is[/i] a forum rule :D [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

*** * ***** ******* **** *** is all I have to say about that. say, how do you know when it's censoring swear words...and when somebody is just trying to make different constellations with all the stars, eh? Hmm, interesting indeed...

PS- That's Orion's Belt :) hehehe :rolleyes:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

*** * ***** ******* **** *** is all I have to say about that. say, how do you know when it's censoring swear words...and when somebody is just trying to make different constellations with all the stars, eh? Hmm, interesting indeed...

PS- That's Orion's Belt :) hehehe :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]Heh... Orion's belt... Quite...