OtakuBoards

Your' Three Favorite Book Series, and Charecter in it.

roymund

Please[color=red] DO NOT[/color] limit yourself to manga or graphic novels or anime related material, but by all mean if they happen to be your favorite list them and say why...

My fav book charecter(s) tends towards...
*ba-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum* (Dramatic Drumroll!)

A TIE!!! (:huh: )
[color=purple]
James McCarthy from David Gerrolds War Against the Ch!Torr series, for his realistic reactions, straightfoward charecter and evolution of purpose as the dramas unfold. One of the most anticipated SF series from the author StarTrek's of "Trouble With Tribbles".
[i]
and
[/i]
Arilan of Smoking Mountain (aka Lord Obsidian) from Lawrence Watt-Evans' Lord Obsidian Trilogy, for his sincerity of charecter and distinct charecter growth and truly unique charecter construction. Great and truly unique fantasy.
[/color]
Runner Up:[color=silver]
Regis the Halfling from R.A. Salvitore's Drizzt novels (19 of them), for his realistic and lifelike reactions to problems and situations. D&D games, rush out and buy them now![/color]

Third goes to:[color=orange]
Abraham VanHelsing from Jeanne Kalogridis' Diaries of the Family Dracul Trilogy, for exceptional insight and linking of overplayed and constantly mocked charecters into well drawn-out humanistic charecters with a continuing backstory. A must read for all Dracula Fans.[/color]

Honorable Mention:
[color=green]
Anita Blake from Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Novels, for her sincere and humanistic reactions. The only limitation of her charecter from the top spots is the sheer content of the mentioned books. They are heavily charged with erotic and homo-erotic scenes and content. Not reccomended for children. I'm still working on finishing off my first novel of the series at a friend's request. An excellent and compelling read.[/color]

[font=Verdana][size=1]There is already a thread pertaining to the discussion of favorite characters in books, which you can find [/size][/font][url="http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=36438"][b][font=Verdana][size=1]here[/size][/font][/b][/url][font=Verdana][size=1]. Otakuboards' [/size][/font][url="http://otakuboards.com/rules.php?"][b][font=Verdana][size=1]rules[/size][/font][/b][/url][font=Verdana][size=1] does not allow the repetition of existing threads. In future, please scroll down the page to check for the same topics before beginning a new thread. [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Thread closed.[/size][/font]