OtakuBoards

The Fall of Troy

OlgaTheDwarf

Isn't the point of having "art-rock" genre to be different? Then why is it the big trend these days?

Anyway with that said, I really hope you know this thread is not going to be about the new Brad Pitt movie comming out, it's about a band.

So yeah, this band is considered by quite a few people to be an "art-punk" band, and frankly, if I had heard someone tell me that, I probably wouldn't have been to interested in them, then I wouldn't havebought there album, and would have missed out on my first good music investment of 2004. In fact the first few times of listening to them, the idea of them trying to be artsy didn't even run through my mind, but later after a few more listen, I can see where that conclusion can be made.

Anyway, now that I have made my rant about how I dislike that "art-rock" seems to be the trend, I'll get on about the band. In a way they are like the Blood Brothers, mixed in with a guitarist who could rival The Dillenger Escape plan, with enough of there own sound to be considered original. I was however, suprised after hearing a bit about this band, on how mellow they are. Don't get me wrong, they definitely have their chaotic hardcore parts with lots of screams, but overall the scream singing is probably 50/50 (if even that), and they like to add a lot of mellow jazz-ish parts to their songs.

You can listen to some of their songs by clicking the link in my signature.

I figured I'd reply in here instead of in that scary punk/emo thread. I had meant to go download their stuff last week when you first mentioned it and put it in your sig, but this week has been rather hellish.

Two of the links there don't work... but I tried the Ghostship demo and the two Live tracks. The first thing I noticed was how incredibly long the titles of the songs were heh.

The live tracks were rather surprising because they seemed to be really well recorded and performed despite being live. "The Circus..." has some really nice guitar and drum work. I'm still trying to get used to the screaming, but I have to admit it's not as grating as with most bands of this type. I'm still not sure why heh.

I liked Ghostship quite a bit too. The keyboard/organ works really well with the song. I love how the whole thing would get really chaotic and then disolve down into something more mellow.

I'd have to say F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P. is the best of the tracks they had available though. I'll probably get around to buying their CD when I get some cash heh.

Gotta love those song titles, eh?

Anyway, thanks for replying. Also, the keyboards are a new addition (only featured on the Ghostship demo). They added their keyboardist after the had recorded their self titled debut (which by the way, you can get off LujoRecords.com). BUt after hearing it, I can't wait to hear what other songs will sound like (or even a cleaned up version of Ghostship).

Yeah, I thought you would enjoy F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P. (don't ask me what it stands for.)