OtakuBoards

Older Rock and Roll

Guest Midnight Rush

Guest Midnight Rush
When I say older rock I mean from 1960-89. Bands like Guns and Roses, Aerosmith, the Eagles, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles ect. I was born in 1989 and love to listen to this music more than anything else. Am I just wierd (don't answer that...) or are there others say 14-18 who like this music as well? None of my friends like classic rock that much, and I was wondering if anyone else my age does.
By the way I looked and couldn't find another topic about this, if there was one in the past please excuse me for I haven't been here that long.

Old Classic rock rules. With of bands like Thin Lizzy,Deep Purple, The Kinks, The Troggs, T-Rex and the band which intoduced me to the world of cool music The Who there would not be music that their is today. Its like with out Black Sabbath their would be no heavy metal. But still classic rock is cool.

There are a fair amount of people (around here, at least, but I'm sure it's the same most places) that are into classic rock.

I enjoy listening to a lot of it, on occasion. Usually, I listen to a lot of the more well-known bands like The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin and so on.

The Beatles and Pink Floyd (though, I haven't heard nearly as much of their music as I have of The Beatles) are pretty much my favorites of the 60s-70s Classic Rock era (I think the 80s is still a bit recent to call "Classic Rock" lol). I love The Beatles because, well, they're The Beatles. They had a massive influence on a myriad of bands and their music just kicks ***, no questions asked. From what I've heard of Pink Floyd, I love their music because it's just so damn different from most of the stuff I listen to; they're a remarkable band.

I don't like the beatles too much, I'm more of a classic metal person. My mom used to play Aerosmith, Black Sabbath(Ozzy era), Accept, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, Metallica, AC/DC all of the time when I was growing up and I loved those bands. Now, when I go to her house, she plays mostly Slipknot, Static-X, and other stuff like that which I can't seem to get into myself.