OtakuBoards

2 New Awesome Books!

Xyandar

Yesterday I went to Chapters and bought 2 new books. Its not normal because I don't usually read....at all.. lol:P. I went to this one section and saw the books i have been lookion for all my life but never found lol. I found Resident Evil Books, Diablo Book,s Starcraft, and especially, Forgotten Realms!! I bought the first Starcraft book called Liberty's Crusade. I am right into that because i play the game all the time. I also bought a Forgotten Realms book about my favorite Dark Elf, Drizzt Do'Urden the Drow Ranger!! Its all about him and his friends who go on a journey and get invaded by thousands of Orcs. The book is called The Thousand Orcs:P I will be going there often to buy new ones!! Has anybody read any of the Forgotten Realms Books or Starcraft Books??

I have read the Thousand Orcs. It was a very good book.

I have also read its sequal: The Lone Drow. It too, kicks major butt.

I have also read all of the Starcraft books that you speak of, they were entertaining, but only for Intermediate readers.

In the world of Forgotten Realms, if you have not read The Dark Elf Trilogy, The Icewindale Trilogy, the Legacy of the Drow series, or the Paths of Darkness series, then I highly recomend you to do so.

:LOL:
R. A. Salvatore is one of the best authors around. Unfortunatly I feel that his Drizzt books overshadow some of his lesser known but equally entertaining novels.
I would reccomend his Spear of The Warlord Compliltion for some of his best short stories.

Incidentaly, [i]The Lone Drow[/i] is not quite as good as [i]The Thousand Orcs[/i] but both are unfortunatly inferior to his older work in the same series [i]Spine of the World[/i] in which Wulfgar returns from the dead and is haunted by fears and crushed by his continuious awarness of the horrs endured at the hands of Eertu the Balor.

If you like Salvatore try Laurel K. Hamilton's [i]Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter[/i] series. It's a little heavy on the gore and sex but definatly an entertaning read. Quite unique in veiwpoint and perspective.