OtakuBoards

Alice Cooper

JC Goodwin

This just goes to show that i am way before my time like i am with alot of my music but i really like alice cooper. The guy has been around for nearly 20 years and in that time he has made so much fanastic music which i love to lsten too. I think he is proably the greatist song writer in rock history, i mean he wrote one of my favourite songs of all time SCHOOL'S OUT which i listen to at every end of term and the song Poison. He made such great music and contiues to do so still today.

I'm really not a fan of Cooper. He has some good songs and releases (Billion Dollar Babies comes to mind)... but nothing I consider remotely amazing. The guy hasn't even attempted to evolve his image in any way. He's still trapped in the era he came out in.

My main issue with him is that he seems to have this opinion that he created the look for basically every other dark performance-minded band in existance. While he was one of the major players of that at the time, he certainly wasn't the first or only one. Plus the bands he tries to say are like him just really aren't all that comparable, in my opinion. He seems pretty egotistical for someone who's almost 60 and is still mostly known for singing about summer break in school and turning 18.

But that's just my opinion. Obviously lots of other people love him if he's still able to sell his records.

I've been listening to Alice Cooper all my life and I can not ever get tired of listening to his music. He was even popular during my Mom's teenage years(that was about 30 years ago). Him and Ozzy Osbourne pretty much made metal mainstrean in the 70's. Some of my favorite Alice Cooper songs are Poison, School's Out, and Bed of Nails.

[COLOR=Black][SIZE=1][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Otay, so I might be an' old Fogie', but I grew up on Alice Cooper and other greats(me thinking of Meat Loaf right now). And yes "Schools Out" is one of the classic theme songs. But as for his 'new stuff', I can't say anything since I haven't heard anything new from him since the early-mid ninetys.

Bona na Croin,
Bosn[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]