OtakuBoards

Full House

DeathBug

[color=indigo][size=1][font=cominc sans ms]Over the past few weeks, I've rediscovered the joy that is Full House, thanks to Nick@Nite. I watched this show as a child, and had all but forgotten about it.

Looking back on it now, I realize how incredibly sappy it was. Every problem is solved by thee nd of the episode, and hugs go all around. Sure, you could call it trite and annoying, but I find it quaint and charming. In a world where has-been pop stars flash kiddies watching the Super Bowl, it's a bit refreshing to have a program that can barely contain the various family values that it's bursting with.

Also, as an older guy now, I can make the decision that I would totally date a girl like Vicky. ^^;

So, any other Full House fans in the...house...?[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=DeathBug][color=indigo][size=1][font=cominc sans ms]
Also, as an older guy now, I can make the decision that I would totally date a girl like Vicky. ^^;[/font][/size][/color][/QUOTE]
Vicky was which one? The annoying next door neighbor?

I was always more attracted to John Stamos' wife on the show. Now she was good-lookin. ^_^

But so my post isn't solely devoted to male chauvinistic pigginess, Full House was entertaining to a point. I think that point was when the entire cast grew older. With an older cast, the same corny jokes from earlier seasons weren't going to cut it. Really, the writing was never all that sharp. It was, like you said, more feel-good sap. Full House...eh.

The worst part about Full House is that it somehow made TV executives think that people actually [I]liked[/I] Bob Saget and thought he was funny. It seems like that guy will never go away, but at least he's not on America's Funniest Home Videos doing his lame voice-overs that all sound exactly the same.

I remember watching that show and being like, "When's her dad gonna get drunk and tell her she can fly and the accidentally drop her on her head??" It made no sense, no sense at all!

Yea, I watched Full House. But I didn't have cable so that's my excuse. I had a thing for Uncle Jessy ::smiles shily::. He had cool hair and was all rebel-like and stuff ^_^;; And other than him, I really had no reason to watch the show. So I was seven and lusting after John Stamos, who cares.

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel]The worst part about Full House is that it somehow made TV executives think that people actually [I]liked[/I'] Bob Saget and thought he was funny. It seems like that guy will never go away, but at least he's not on America's Funniest Home Videos doing his lame voice-overs that all sound exactly the same.[/quote][size=1]I thought he was funny. Those lame voice-overs were a staple of my childhood! [/size]