OtakuBoards

3X3 Eyes

Rurouni Kenshin

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=Navy]Has anyone seen this show? I like it a lot and would like to know how many episodes total there are. I'd like to see a bit more of the show... Pai's really pretty, and the whole split personality thing is kind of odd... and the fact that she ends up having more than 2 personalities in her head is really confusing :confused: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

There's really not too much to get confused about. I've not seen it in quite some time, but the difference between Pai and the Sangeant is made very obvious. You don't really have the issue of random conflicting personalities and it happens at very key moments.

I can't really remember how it was broken up, as I can only go by the DVD set I picked up way back. 3x3 Eyes was on the first DVD and the sequel to it was on the second disc. I had already seen the original, which I loved. It's why I bought the DVD set in the first place. I think it was just a couple OVAs, but I'm not positive. It definitely wasn't a long series by any means. You could watch most of it in one sitting.

The main issue was the second DVD. It was very obviously done by a different team of animators and the attitude was completely different. I didn't enjoy that anywhere near as much.

I know the difference between Pai and Sanjiyan. I was just talking of the confusion of Hoashu the Snake Slave to that one guy being inside Pai's head. Her loss of memory was just an adoption of a new personality in her head... that being Hoashu... I got it right in my head, but i was just confused about it for a while...

• 1 year later...
The best thing about this title is that it puts its horror and romance on a more or less equal footing. It reminds me of loopy old Victorian stuff like [i]She[/i], which is probably not an accident.

Yakumo and Pai (played by Hayashibara Megumi) are fabulous characters. When the story narrows down to just the two of them there's still plenty to see. Sanjiyan is amazing as well...

Just for the record, 3x3 Eyes is 2 separate OAV series. They try to tell way too much story (the manga is insanely long and the OAVs kind of jump around) but the basics of the plot are not hard to grasp.