OtakuBoards

Doodles!!!

Megumi

I have decided to dedicate a thread to what 90% of ma artwork consists of: doodles. If you knew how many doodles I produced a day compared to how many finished pieces of work I do, you'd be amazed. These are simply what I consider good, but too rough and unfinished looking to be put up for fan art. I'll start off with two I did in school today, one of a catboy, and one of Kenshin. The writing on the Kenshin one is comments my friend and I were writing on it. I think I wrote "Ken-san! I haven't drawn him in FOREVER," and she wrote something about him having a far off look. Just so you know.

And please, someone reply to this so I can keep this thread going for a while. I hate making new threads all the time.

[size=1]Awesome, Doodles can be so fun, but mine are really really doodily >.<

I really like the Kenshin one, he does seem to have that far off look in his eye, probably daydreaming about something he shouln't ;) The only thing I find odd is his sword scabbard, it's really fat in the back part.

The cat man looks really neat too, the pose is really cool and you did a good job on his arms. Although his face is a bit hard to see under his hair, they seem like awesome everyday doodles to me ^^ [/size]

That's really good! You're work reminds me of a friend of mine's work. (which is very sketchy--in a good way) :) It does have an unfinished look to it, being a doodle. But has very nice features to it. I like Kenshin alot! He looks quite nice there in you're "doodle". You're awesome. :D That look in his eye, ohh-good stuff right there. xD

Wow - the anatomy of these doodles is excellent! I particularly like the cat guy's hands in that respect ^_^. Very neat for doodles, I must say - they're very robust-looking forms, very solid. I love the poses too. Double thumbs up on both, and I hope you post more of your excellent drawings soon!

I wish my doodles looked this good, most of my finished work doesn't... >_<

I really love the catboy, he looks kinda mad though, I can imagine someone off the page looking very worried (I know I wouldn't mess with him)

I like your other drawing too, (You can do profiles! ^_^) he does look really spaced out though,

Please post more! ^_^

Here's a few more doodles. These are a little older. One is just a bunch of hands I did for practice, because I still have trouble with them sometimes. All the writing is just comments my friend and I made on them. The second is a picture of Inuyasha, sort of chibi, and sort of scary... I don't like these as much as my other two. Comments please?

I've never seen Inuyasha but I love the softness of that image. I agree it's not so good as the first two in that the left shoulder seems perhaps a little too raised, but meh, that is being anatomically picky, and you can rarely do that with chibi-esque drawings. I'd say the little guy's cuter than he is scary ^_^, though he does look at if he's cracking his knuckles ready for a scrap.

As for the second image - well, they always say you can judge a good artist by their hands. I'd say those are all great experiments, save for the bottom right one of a hand holding a pencil - the finger looks like it needs more "creases" so that it doesn't look too rubbery as it wraps about the pencil. I like them, though. They're certainly far better than I could do, and now I see how you manage to do hands so well. ^_^ Please post more soon!

Yay! Some completely new doodles! These were done entirely with Prismacolor pencils, no sketching out with pencil. They aren't meant to be very detailed and didn't take very long. One is a chibi Kenshin, the other is the "Spirit of Falling Cherry Blossoms." Yes, I made it up. >.>

Crazy! If that is what you call doodling, my drawing is probably like chicken scracth or lines or even unreadable insane shapes. You did a great job but I think those "doodles" should be promoted to masterpieces because trust me theyre much better than mine. :D

[color=firebrick] *smiles* I really love the softness of your drawings. Your proportions are great and they're just good stuff overall. ;)

Well, I see you were experimenting with hand anatomy, which is pretty hard to get used to and draw quickly. Crazily enough [this doesn't go for realistic-looking hands], the way I learned to draw decent hands was to draw with quick strokes. Sounds insane, but I got used to it in time. Hope to see more of your art! ^_^[/color]

Two new doodles! I'd like to remind you my definition of doodles is unfinished, messy drawings that have little to no planning before I draw them. These were done to practice with pen. The guy is a character I wrote into a story I never finished, and he just appeared on my page from wherever dead fanfics go o.o The other is just a random messy (and armless) girl.